2008-07-09 21:22  #1
管理员

加入日期: 2004-04-25
帖子: 4438
现金: 40 盾
🏆
C.J. Miles

去年马刺曾对爵士的 C.J. Miles 感兴趣。

Haven't heard a word from either C.J. Miles or his agent here at the start of the free-agent negotiating period. You have to wonder what kind of interest Miles is drawing from other teams as well as whether the Jazz are making any attempt to sign him to a multiyear deal.

Miles was reported Wednesday by a Michigan newspaper as a target of Pistons GM Joe Dumars, along with Portland's James Jones and Golden State's Mickael Pietrus. Jones and Pietrus are both unrestricted free agents, while Miles is restricted.

The Pistons were news to me: I heard Miami, Cleveland, Dallas and San Antonio were among the most interested in Miles last year. Seattle might be in the mix this year with new assistant general manager Troy Weaver's Jazz ties.

The Jazz can match any offer to Miles, regardless, as a restricted free agent. Miles couldn't help but watch last year as Detroit signed Amir Johnson to a three-year, $11 million contract even though Johnson played a total of eight - - yes, eight - - games in 2006-07.

It's no secret that Miles would like something similar to Johnson, who also was a second-round pick out of high school in the same 2005 draft as Miles. It's also no secret that Miles wants the chance to play regular minutes and the Jazz are overloaded at his position.

Miles' agent will point to a 10-game stretch in late December/early January - - after Gordan Giricek clashed with Jerry Sloan and before Kyle Korver got established in the rotation - - as proof of what Miles can do with playing time.

Miles averaged 10.5 points in those 10 games. Another question regularly asked is what Miles could do if he was given the same opportunity to play as Ronnie Brewer and Korver. Miles averaged 11.5 minutes last season, compared to Brewer (27.5) and Korver (21.5).

Brewer averaged 12.0 points last season; Miles would project to 11.8 in comparable minutes. Korver averaged 9.8 points after he was traded to the Jazz; Miles would project to 9.3 in comparable minutes.

Miles would project to 2.4 rebounds in Korver's minutes (compared to 2.0 for Korver) and 3.1 rebounds in Brewer's minutes (compared to 2.9 for Brewer). Miles also shot 47.9 percent overall and 39.0 percent from three-point range.

Korver only shot 38.8 percent from three-point range in the 50 games he played with the Jazz. Obviously, you're making a reach in all this, but given how small Miles' body of work has been, it's what you have to do.

I'm definitely interested in what free agency will bring for Miles, who was still one of the 15 youngest players in the NBA at the end of his third season.

http://blogs.sltrib.com/jazz/2008/07/wednesday-report.htm
香瓜离线中  
 2008-07-09 22:33  #2
believe

加入日期: 2006-09-02
帖子: 3236
现金: 174 盾
回复: C.J. Miles

引用:
I heard Miami, Cleveland, Dallas and San Antonio were among the most interested in Miles last year.

去年对他感兴趣?……去年他又不是自由球员,难道想交易?
界灵fsa离线中  

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转