主题工具
 2009-09-26 08:42  #1
管理员

加入日期: 2004-04-25
帖子: 4429
现金: 40 盾
香瓜 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第13名
马刺官网专访理查德-杰弗森

Spurs.com's Ben Hunt had the opportunity to sit down and have a light hearted and fun interview with Richard Jefferson. Some of the questions asked were supplied by @spurs Twitter followers.

Ben Hunt: First off Richard thanks, I'm going to throw in some questions from our Twitter followers as well. First one -

From @mdeleon: Did you look up to any former Spurs growing up?
Richard Jefferson: David Robinson was my favorite player growing up. When I first really started watching basketball it was him and Sean Elliott. I really didn't know the relation, you know Sean went to Arizona and all that, I found that out a little later after I had been watching the Spurs so many years. But David Robinson was my guy, he was who I loved to watch.

I can remember my second year in the league, when we were down by 10 and they were about to win the championship. On the free throw line, I looked over to him and sort of said, "now that this is all over, I can tell you, you were my favorite player growing up."

I couldn't tell him before that. So that was cool... kind of cool, even though we were losing. But to have that moment with someone you really looked up to and really respected was pretty cool.
BH: Following along with that, of course David's a Hall of Famer, what a remarkable person and career. From a player looking at another player, how do you see David Robinson and what is his legacy?
RJ: You're asking me... You know when I was a kid I would've picked him over Jordan any day. He was my guy, I just really liked to watch him. He was just a specimen out there. He was so strong, he could run the floor like a deer, always played extremely hard. You know, he was the man.

My parents got me one ticket to watch the Spurs versus the Suns when I was younger, because I was just such a huge David Robinson fan.

But everything that he has earned over the course of his career - the MVPs, the championships, the all-stars, the scoring title all those things... I remember when he scored all those points - 71 - to take the scoring title from Shaq and I was as happy as anybody.

From @TroyJenike: Do you think you're the piece the team needs for #5?
RJ: Whew... that's a little bit of pressure. You know what, I think I'm looking forward to that along with the opportunity of playing with these guys.

I think just trying to be a play maker, that's one of those things people try to look at with the scoring numbers. Last year due to injuries with the team it was tough. I'm really just looking forward to being a part of this group and hopefully relieving a little bit of stress from those guys so hopefully it'll put them in a better position so they don't have to work as hard for some of those things. I think that it will help.

It takes a lot of things after you've won four championships, because they know it takes a lot of things to go your way. You have to be healthy, you have to have some balls go your way to win it, but I believe we have the tools. We're making the right steps.
BH: We always get this one in one form or another so I'll just get it out of the way. What's your favorite Mexican dish?
RJ: Ah my favorite Mexican dish! You don't understand! I grew up in Phoenix and Southern California so Mexican is my favorite food. Gosh there are so many.

It could be carne asada burritos. It could be steak enchiladas. Refried beans.

Like it could be... gosh there are so many. I love pretty much every type of Mexican food.

I love rolled tacos. I love guacamole.

I have a problem, I really have a problem when it comes to Mexican food.
BH: Well have you found a place in town you like yet?
RJ: I have not but I'm really looking forward to a lot of things. From the food to the weather, San Antonio really makes me feel at home.

From @mr_jt412: How much does winning a championship drive you?
RJ: The last couple of years it has really consumed me. I've been to The Finals twice, I lost in the National Championship to Duke, lost in the Semis and won a Bronze in Greece. I've been so close so many times.

When you're 23 you don't really think about it. When you're 21 in the NBA Finals you don't really think a lot about it. But whenever you get to that 29 year old mark, which I am, you're sort of like "wow."

My best friend Luke Walton had a similar track record. He had lost in The Finals twice and he just won one. I was really happy for him, but to see it right now - it is everything that drives me.

From @rataeluehara: How confident are you for the upcoming season?

RJ: I'm very confident. I know Tim, I know Pop, I'm looking forward to just being in here at the gym and getting better with these players. I'm looking forward to this opportunity, I think there are going to be a lot of eyes on our team, on me, on how I mesh with the team. Hopefully it'll all work and there's a lot of pressure to deliver but I'm looking forward to all of that pressure.

From @markanguiano: How well do you think you mesh with the Spurs type of play?
RJ: Only time will tell, but I believe on paper things look great. To come in at the three spot, there is no "am I a two, or am I a three or a four," there's none of that. We have Tony at the one, Manu's a two, myself at the three, Tim at the four and McDyess at the five .

One of the things you look at with this organization is they have put in pieces that fit at the positions and spots they believe they need help.

Then you have guys who have been doing their job. You have Michael Finley, Roger (Mason Jr.) who have been great at their jobs in those spots. All this is just going to make our team even stronger.

BH: You mentioned Tim, Tony and Manu and you've played against them for quite some time, what excites you most about playing on the court in the same jersey as those guys now?

RJ: One - running with Tony. You know I had Jason Kidd for a lot of years and Tony right now is in the prime of his game. He is one of the top two or three point guards in this league, one of the best scoring point guards. To be out there on the break with him is something I'm really looking forward to.

Another thing is just chilling out on the half court set and throwing it in to Tim, I'm looking forward to that.

Also another thing is the Spurs cheat. They get every call, it's kind of annoying. Tim never gets in foul trouble. Tony never gets a foul. Manu gets every call. So I am really looking forward to that.
From @willnichols: Who is the best defender not named Bowen you ever faced?
RJ: You know there are different guys. Ron Artest is definitely one of those guys. For his size, he is just so big and strong.

There are just certain guys that you know you have to do a little bit extra. You have to be a little more exact and Artest is definitely up there. His addition to the Lakers only makes the Spurs and what we're doing here more exciting. To know that the Lakers probably got better and so even though we made some huge strides here you know that the champions got better. It makes everything we're doing here just try to get that much more focused and more direct, so we got a lot of work to do in front of us.

BH: Training camp is right around the corner, what do you do to prepare for it and what are you doing different this year?
RJ: I'm flipping tires. I'm throwing tires and I'm running up this huge hill you guys got in the back (of the practice facility). All that is a something that is a little strange for me.

All season long last year I was looking forward to working out all summer and just getting back to a good base. So I was in Milwaukee working out with the team before the trade. Coming in here now I've been working out, so there's really a lot of excitement about this upcoming season.
BH: Coach Pop told us that you, "would provide humor in the locker room." Now the question is, what kind of humorist are you? Are you into cracking jokes or pulling pranks?
RJ: You know what, it's just whatever is available. You know I don't really like Tim Duncan very much and I think he is a bad person. You know and he had been saying...

BH: (Laughs)

RJ: No really, I want all this to go down.

BH: Absolutely. (laughs)

RJ: Just some of the things that he has already said makes me know that it is going to be a very, very long year in dealing with him. But I'm looking forward to it. You know he thinks he's some quick-witted guy but he might've bit off more than he can chew in dealing with me.

BH: Can you give us any insight on...

RJ: No, no I will not expand anymore. I'll just say if he calls me "Princess Peanut" one more time, we're probably going to have a fight.

BH: Well I think that's pretty much does it for this interview. Thanks Richard.

RJ: No problem, no problem.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/090925_jefferson.html
香瓜离线中   引用
 2009-09-26 08:43  #2
管理员

加入日期: 2004-04-25
帖子: 4429
现金: 40 盾
香瓜 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第13名
回复: 马刺官网专访理查德-杰弗森

不少问题是马刺官网工作人员通过twitter收集的。
香瓜离线中   引用