密码 注册

马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » Spurs Oberto happy in any role

主题工具
 2008-12-07 15:12  #1

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
Spurs Oberto happy in any role

By Mike Monroe - Express-News When Spurs coach Gregg Popovich decided to move Matt Bonner into the starting lineup for Tuesday's game against the Detroit Pistons, he knew he need not worry about an angry reaction from Fabricio Oberto, who was displaced to the bench.

“Even if I'm not playing and the team wins, that's perfect for me,” said Oberto, who scored a season-high 12 points in the Spurs' 123-88 victory over the Golden State Warriors on Saturday night at the AT&T Center. “It's the only thing that matters for me.”

The Spurs' start-to-finish domination allowed Popovich to share the largesse of the team's largest margin of victory this season.

Oberto actually logged more playing time (23 minutes, 56 seconds) than any of the five starters, including Bonner (19:24).

“Give me a blowout every time,” said Bonner, “and I'll take playing less than Fabby every time, too.”

The two big men shared the court for a long stretch of the fourth period, and Oberto passed up two good looks to get what he determined were better shots for Bonner, including an open 3-pointer.

“Sometimes,” Oberto said, “I'm trying to decide what is the best option or the highest percentage shot. I'm driving, and I'm going to shoot against one guy, but I gave it to Matt. He's pretty good shooting from that spot. And when you do that, it keeps everyone in the mood to stay involved.”

Spurs guard Roger Mason has learned to always be aware of a pass from Oberto, whom he regards as one of the game's best passing big men.

“He sees things as they're happening,” said Mason.

“I love playing with him. He gets everyone involved, and he always makes the extra pass. He makes the pass before you even know there's going to be an opening.”

Sleepy, but happy: Backup center Kurt Thomas didn't get much sleep over the 48 hours that preceded Saturday's game, but he looked fresh in his 18-plus minutes against the Warriors.

Thomas got to the AT&T Center after a 90-minute nap at the hospital where his daughter, Kory, had been born, about three weeks prematurely, very early Thursday morning. He headed directly back to the hospital to overnight after the game.

The 13-year veteran welcomed his 18 minutes and 17 seconds of court time in the blowout victory, especially the chunk of eight minutes and 51 seconds he got in the fourth period.

“Just going in for a couple of minutes and coming out; then going back in for a couple minutes and coming out, well, it's really hard to get a rhythm,” said Thomas, who scored six points and grabbed seven rebounds, “but to get a bunch of minutes, all together, really helps.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Oberto_happy_in_any_role.html
 2008-12-07 15:13  #2

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
回复: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Oberto_happy_in_any_role.html

稍后翻译~

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!