2008-11-13 22:05  #1
believe

界灵fsa的头像

加入日期: 2006-09-02
帖子: 3235
现金: 161 盾
Spurs' Ginobili takes step forward

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Ginobili_takes_step_forward.html

MILWAUKEE — Injured Spurs guard Manu Ginobili took another significant step toward rejoining the team Wednesday, psychologically if not physically.

He made the trip to Milwaukee for the Spurs' 82-78 loss to the Bucks. It marked the first road trip of the season for Ginobili, who has been out recovering from offseason surgery on his left ankle.

“I'm getting better every day,” said Ginobili, who led the Spurs in scoring at 19.5 points per game last season. “But I still haven't practiced with the team or anything like that.”

His rehab has progressed without setback. He can now plant and cut on the repaired ankle. The next stage will be to get him involved in some one-on-one and two-on-two drills.

After that comes conditioning work.

Officially, the timetable for Ginobili's return remains mid-December, with the hope he might be able to play earlier.

Asked Wednesday if there is a chance Ginobili might be able to suit up before the end of the month, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich did not say yes. But he also did not say no.

“I don't want to paint myself into a corner,” Popovich said. “When he's ready, he'll play. That's the best way to put it.”

Ginobili says he won't let the recent injury to fellow All-Star Tony Parker, nor the Spurs' 2-5 start, push him into doing something rash when it comes to his health.

“I want to be smart,” Ginobili said. “I don't want to rush it and make it worse.”

One fellow traveler: Ian Mahinmi, who is also recuperating from an offseason ankle injury, also made the trip to Milwaukee. Parker and his sprained ankle, however, stayed home.

Static lineup: For the second game in a row, Popovich started a lineup that didn't include Bruce Bowen. He sent George Hill, Roger Mason, Ime Udoka, Tim Duncan and Fabricio Oberto — the same starters a night earlier against New York — out for the opening tap against Milwaukee.

“It gives a situation where we've got a little bit more athleticism to start, and some good experience off the bench,” Popovich said.

For the second game in a row, Michael Finley — a former starter — caught fire off the bench. He scored a season-high 19 points, despite not seeing the floor until the second quarter.

Courting Dice: Now that Antonio McDyess has cleared waivers, the Spurs are expected to explore the possibility of signing him.

The chances of them actually landing the 34-year-old forward, however, appear remote.

McDyess was traded from Detroit to Denver in the Nov. 3 blockbuster that made Allen Iverson a Piston. McDyess is now free to sign with any NBA team, but the league-wide consensus is that McDyess will re-sign with Detroit after a mandatory 30-day waiting period.
界灵fsa离线中   引用
 2008-11-14 16:08  #2

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
回复: Spurs' Ginobili takes step forward

尤纳斯已经把这个翻了,在hc上

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题