主题工具
 2008-12-02 17:56  #1

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
Spurs' Ginobili finds his legs not quite up to back-to-backs

By Mike Monroe - Express-News

Though thrilled to be back in uniform after missing the first 12 games of the season, Spurs guard Manu Ginobili on Saturday re-discovered the rigors of back-to-back games.

Ginobili played 21 minutes in Friday's victory over Memphis, making 6 of 10 shots and scoring 14 points. In 22 minutes against the Rockets on Saturday, he found he was a little flat, making only 2 of 6 shots while committing five turnovers.

“After being out all those games, I wanted to do too much in small chunks of time,” said Ginobili, who had surgery in September to repair an impingement in his left ankle. “I have to learn to be as patient as the first two games. Let the game come to me, and don't force the issue as much. I know I made too many mistakes, and I'm going to try to learn from that.

“The back-to-back was a little tougher, even though I maintained the 20-minute mark. I tired a little in the second half, but like I always say, it's not an excuse. When I'm tired, I need to not force the issue, because bad things happen.”

Ginobili said the two days off between Saturday's game and tonight's against the Pistons at the AT&T Center should help legs that are getting back in game condition.

Oh, the humanity: How could a team that had been so stingy on defense over its previous six games be so generous to the Rockets, who scored 103 points in their blowout victory over the Spurs on Saturday?

“We're human,” said Spurs defensive ace Bruce Bowen. “Sometimes you get a little slippage in preparation for games. You come out a little flat against a team that is raring to go, understanding we got a victory against them last time we played them at home. They're going to be ready, and we came out a little too lax. Then, when we make the effort, sometimes it's a little bit too late.”

Popovich to join Indiana Hall: Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was one of three former Indiana high school stars who are now head coaches announced Monday as inductees in the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame.

Popovich played at Merrillville (Ind.) High School before playing college ball at the Air Force Academy.

Milwaukee Bucks coach Scott Skiles and University of New Mexico coach Steve Alford, also former Indiana prep stars, will be inducted along with Popovich in ceremonies March25 in Indianapolis.

On the list: Matt Bonner's recent surge of 3-point makes has gotten him on the list of league leaders in 3-point percentage.

Bonner has made 7 of 10 shots from long range the past five games, finally giving him enough attempts to qualify among the leaders. He ranks third in percentage at 51.5.

Spurs guard Roger Mason Jr. ranks second in 3-point percentage, at 52.4 percent, behind Golden State rookie Anthony Morrow, who leads with 53.3 percent.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Ginobili_finds_his_legs_not_quite_up_to_back-to-backs.html
 2008-12-02 18:01  #2

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
回复: Spurs' Ginobili finds his legs not quite up to back-to-backs

全翻了算了

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件