主题工具
 2009-10-17 14:23  #1

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
Quotes : Spurs vs Cavaliers : 10/16/09

Spurs Assistant Coach Mike Budenholzer

When asked how it was to have three coaches coach tonight - “It was fun for us. We have a lot of fun in practice, in meetings, on the road and during games. It’s great to work with these guys.”
On Tim Duncan and Tony Parker - “They got a good run. They found some spots to be aggressive. I think they both shot the ball well. Tony mixed in with getting to the rim. Tony is doing a good job. Like Pop says, he has to do everything. He has to score, find guys, penetrate and for his minutes tonight he did a good job.”

On George Hill getting to line 12 times - "I think that’s one thing that George does well; he gets to the free through line. He has added an attack mentality and the more he attacks the more he gets to the line.”

On Lebron James - “That guy in transition is unstoppable. I think that once he gets a head of steam it’s really hard to guard him.”

Matt Bonner

On the game - “It was good to be on the court in the preseason. It’s one preseason down and two games to go before we start the regular season. It was hard to get rhythm early in the game. But you will have these types of games during the season so you have to work to find a good pace.”
On the assistant coaches - “They were good and they got the win. That’s the important part. It’s important whether Pop is coaching us or not that we execute and continue to get better. Every assistant coach has his own style.”

On what Shaq brings to the Cavs - “Shaq has had a lot of success everywhere he has played. He has the experience, charisma and he changes games. I didn’t notice any difference in the team’s style of play but I am not a very good coach of style.”

On what happened after he had blocked Shaq’s shot - "I tried hard not to make eye contact. "

Antonio McDyess

On the game - “We did good and played well considering it’s preseason and a lot of teams aren’t playing guys at 100 percent and a lot of players are from the bench. But we played well with the players we had in there. We are trying to get a feel for the calls we on defense this season.”
On if LeBron’s sickness affected him - “Not at all. You think sometimes in the back of your head that sickness will cause problems but he breezed through that tonight.”

On Shaq’s presence on the Cavs - “It’s a different game. Shaq is a great inside presence. But this allows for players like Matt Bonner to stretch the defense and allows for us to get on the perimeter and shoot.”

Cavaliers Head Coach Mike Brown

On Popovich‘s decision to let his assistant coaches run the game - “It was pretty neat. He‘s a great guy as not only does he give them experience but he puts those guys in a position that if something were happen to him, whether he gets kicked out or whatever, they have the experience of doing it before. I also talked about the same thing with Danny about Mike Malone, so when they told me what was going to happen tonight, I thought the second half would be a great time. I thought that would be great, especially with our initial guys, as I will probably rest some of them tomorrow and in these next two games try to figure out a better rotation.”
On if Mike would take over as coach if he were to be asked to leave a game - “Yeah, Mike would take over, but tonight I didn‘t do him any justice. Coaching the start of the second half, he started in the hole down seven, so he did a nice job at least holding par by breaking even.”
On if tonight was a practical application for Michael Malone - “Coming back in the locker room some players joked around with him about his use of timeouts at the end of the game, but Mike is good at helping us with end-of-game situations with drawing stuff up, so it’s a good time for him to have to do that, whether we’re up twenty or down twenty.”

On how many times he has seen a scenario like tonight where assistant coaches have run the game - “Well, I know Pop has done it before, I know other guys have done it before, I‘m not sure if I did it last year but again me and Danny Ferry have talked about it for the last couple of weeks, as we thought it would be the right opportunity to try to get it done prior to the regular season. Pop’s situation is a lot more unique as what he did is something I had never seen before. For one of the coaches to coach a half, and then have another assistant to coach a quarter and then have another one coach a quarter is unique. But tonight it was a just an opportunity to let Mike get a feel to be in the seat in case I do have to leave the court in a timely manner.”
On Mo, Lebron and Shaq on the court at the same time - “We looked ok, we were not in rhythm, obviously as you could tell, but we’re still trying to find our way on both ends of the court. I didn’t feel the effort was quite there in tonight’s game, but you have to give San Antonio credit as they can make the game ugly.”

Lebron James

On his health and play - “I’m still far from 100% health wise but I think the minutes I played to night were good individually.”
On playing with Shaq & Darnell tonight - “We’ve had a lot playing time together in practice and all we did tonight was try to duplicate the stuff we do in practice into a game situation. I felt very fatigued on the court tonight but I am still far from 100% as far as stamina.”

Shaquille O'Neal

On playing with Lebron - “It felt good to have LeBron on the court tonight but I think things will get better with time especially in game situations. During the preseason we focus on stamina and staying healthy. We still have a lot of thing we can do better and that’s what practice is for.”
On Tim Duncan - “Oh Yeah! We are two guys that have four championships and are battling for the right of who is better during our era. I think this season will be fun. Tim Duncan is the most fundamental and smartest players in the league. Between Tim and me it’s the first to five.”

Personal play - “I rebound well tonight but my shot was a little off. Tonight I was just going through the motions and trying not to get banged up or tweak anything before the rest of the season.”

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_091016.html
Riverwalkman离线中   引用
 2009-10-17 14:25  #2

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
回复: Quotes : Spurs vs Cavaliers : 10/16/09

我接了。
Riverwalkman离线中   引用
 2009-10-17 16:11  #3

Riverwalkman的头像