界灵fsa的头像

加入日期: 2006-09-02
帖子: 3235
现金: 161 盾
New Manu Article

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129931

THE OTHER SIDE OF "MANU"
Beyond the goal

Next 32 years and to meet while working in the organization of the career of August 2, go to the Municipal Hospital, Emanuel Ginobili confessed that he needed professional support, while basquetbol韘tica through his worst season. He questioned the continuity in selection and Argentina has not lost hope that the city has a multipurpose stadium. He also spoke about the paternity of their investments and the importance of their environment. Fernando Rodriguez "La Nueva Provincia"

On the second floor of the building located on the first block of Calle Saavedra hoped Emanuel Ginobili. By opening the door of the lift was Juan Alberto Espil. 縀rror? No. He had to be met with "Manu", one of its investment partners.
A table with the remains of sandwiches, some drinks and everything related to break meant a reunion.
Espil be dismissed, together with his wife Mara Drevniak. Leandro was the oldest brother and, in his world, his son Franco, sitting against the wall. Until it appeared and invited the actor to move to an adjoining hall.
On a long table had glasses for water, scorers, sweets and pointing at a projector screen.
"Well, this is ...", joked" Manu ", pretending to be an expert on the subject.
- Your stay in bay so, from meeting to meeting?
- More or less. We wanted to have someone from the hotel to give us a better picture, because we are half painted in this area. I'm very curious, I am interested in everything and wanted to learn.
- He had seen the finished book?
- No. He had a picture of what was going to be, but the lobby, at the time, seemed to Kosovo. I love it. Very neat, clean, well-armed. I am proud.
- Each enterprise is its own idea or suggestions?
- In some cases yes, in this, particularly I got the chance, I met people who actually carries out the project, I was invited to participate and I liked the idea of having a first class hotel in Bahia.
- The fact of living in recent years, surrounded by a five-star infrastructure, do you generate a strong contrast when you go back?
- The contrast is strong, but natural. I spent more time in that bay there. This is my home, even though I feel very comfortable in San Antonio. Not that I'm out of context.
- Is there anything material or intend to visit or get to the city?
- This time it was very curious to see the hotel and how it worked, but what is strange is not material. Ie, it could be three years without coming to Bay, if not for the emotional part.
- What do you call more attention on your return?
- I like to see, along with my wife (Marianela Oro駉), feelings and responses from the people. There are times that you see very optimistic, even when things are not good. Sometimes they go negative, saying "we have no solution." While we are always the same. I feel way too much because 10 months out, then the contrasts are tremendous. While day by talking on the phone with my old (Rachel) and friends, being here I feel much better. In 2002, the pessimism of people could not believe, in 2003 and 2004 rose, and now people are rotten to the topic of politics, upset about education, and other fields.
- When last voted?
- Incidentally, I agree with "La Nueva Provincia". Students and was playing in a picture of me putting out the vote, with a white shirt and black. I do not remember what it is voted (presidential).
- Are you going to repeat this time?
- I do not know if I will be in town, but I would go.
- Do not evad韘 item?
- No, no, I would. I have two clear of three candidates. That is, the ballot would split.
- Was there political interest in having you around?
- No. I am also quite clear that, for now, I do not want anyone to join or be in any event.
- Do you discard the future?
- The word never is j. .. Perhaps the mention and then stop there. I am also interested huh?.
- I was interested in the history argentina. At what stage we believe?
- I am optimistic people. On the contrary, it is saturated, tired of what he sees, hears and reads.
- Are you worried about?
- How is not going to worry about? I would like to see my people in the best position and it is not. We must make decisions regarding the economic power of each. Many people are suffering from nearby Silver: one can not get a credit, otherwise you do not give the accounts to pay for cable ... And, above, in my case, I present a very favorable economic, hits me more. It makes me feel ... I say not guilty, but ...
- As for your investments, you have idea where things are going better or worse? Or it is always favorable?
- It is not always favorable. On the estate there are times when you realize that people have and buy silver, and others that people are much more cautious and seeks to expect. In the part of Il Giardino (geriatric residence) or the Hotel are different things. There notes inflation or other changes.

Friends of gold.

- How do you draft a guy being a millionaire? They are saved to your great-greatgrandchildren, je.
- I know I do not think that economic problems will suffer. Do not remove that 20 percent of NBA players finished in a similar situation with economic disputes.
- Incredible!
- It's that silver, like it or not, if it is poorly managed or have a family, rather than keep it, you suck the blood.
- Are you that much money?
- Yes, go. People may think that 20 million will not ever, but be careful if you're just going finish. Surely it is not my case. Anyway, like it or not, having a financially secure this creates many other problems.
- What?
- People who are about you. In the NBA I see everyday. When you go into this to have a well, is tremendous as the relationships change. One can not imagine. But at this point I have a huge fortune, because my friends are golden.
- You have a circle that contains a lot of you. 緿own line was always like that?
- He. If anyone saw him on the other hand, naturally separated roads. I never had problems. Most of my friends are from high school and I have not experienced the problems I see every day there.

When?

- Fatherhood is something you worry about?
- Anxious not.
- Ask a question of age.
- But the old me (31), je. My wife is four years younger, so I have a lot of time. Already in the plans.
- Remember when you were kids and Bahiense told him to "Yuyo" to continue producing children, because they had improved.
- Yes, let's see how the grandkids come. While we hope in Franco (son of Leandro), je.

"I know my physical is not the same as when I was 25 years"

- What you should do during this stage of recovery?
- I have to start little by little. First bike, peppered five minutes running, then cycling, ten minutes later 15, and then more running to biking, to start loading weight.
- Running on tape?
- Yes. They do not want to run on hard surfaces. So I have to do on the tape or go to a place with grass. Anyway, the first three or four weeks were for adaptation to work, which are fairly lightweight. Strong start in July.
- Do you train for something higher?
- Almost always. There are stages of maintenance, other cargo, but the most demanding when I came to the United States.
- During this long period that you were not playing, you changed the plan a lot of work?
- Yes, because I spent almost the train later. Although not noted for anything, because I weigh 91 kilos. But the last few months he got a lot of grip.
- Anyway, the idea is not the physical shape as a patovica.
- I will not be for the beach, the idea is to make it stronger. After two months of intensive that I did not get to play, now are two others of almost anything, therefore, not the physical thing to note.
- And the hand?
- The fact that no long shot.
- We can tell the "Loco" Mele you get a chair Duba.
- Je, of course. In fact, as I could not do anything that would have impact, do not pull for a long time. But it would have to start.
- Are you anxious?
- I really want to play. Throwing, running and all that is not what I like, but very strange competition. I stayed with the will and the desire to play the playoffs in fight with rivals for the technical talk and all the surroundings, while it lived, it was not peculiar.
- Somehow you feel guilty?
- I felt so many different things ... Like never! Other times I hurt, I lost a game, but knowing that again. This time, I missed the first three months of competition and then the playoffs. I went through moments of guilt, at times I thought: "I'm going down the boat, other times I said" I can not do anything "well" I'm going to try to cooperate and help. " Other times I put "No good for nothing." Mentally it was very complicated for me.
- There certainly was your wife.
- No way.
- Behind the team there are people who deal with these situations.
- Not really. There are very good mood and predisposition. Everybody supported me, but there is a sports psychologist on the team. Although I had moments of weakness.
- Do you feel supported throughout the organization and know that, behind closed doors, at the table for discussion, some may haberte thumb down?
- I always felt supported, loved and highly respected. But I feel that there is an issue with the selection, as saying: "Until now it was all good, you understand, but this year we hurt." And it is clear that the equipment was damaged.
- Do you feel what?
- I do not know what I will do. I feel great pleasure playing with the group as always. I do not regret having participated in the Olympics because it is the best thing to happen as a sportsman. Although I know my physical is not the same as when I was 25 years and that if you intend to play 35, 36 or 37 I start to look a little more.
- Many questions, no?
- Yes, there are many doubts. So I do not want to take a decision now. Missing a year for the World Cup. We will decide when the time comes. Anyway, what I choose to lose. A decision will be j. ..
- Anyway, sport and get everything.
- Sure, but why I will not stand idly by. This is very short! Lasts until 36 or 37 years and after you are 50 life. When you pass the quarter-hour and go down you do not repent of what you can do it. So Max and I want to live the moments with greater intensity.
- Makes you think where are you going to channel so much adrenaline once you remove?
- I think often. It is a subject of discussion and talks very important in the NBA. We, as athletes and that level are extremely caring, supermimados and spoiled, so to speak. And we become high-performance sports machines, but we are completely out inexperienced. We do not know anything. Very few have a really clear way. The change is very abrupt and cruel, because they spend being adored to being a former player. A lot of players does not affect them, others fall into a depression and the rest is in the middle. I do not know what I'm going to be, but admit that I miss all that.
- I think you're ready to go on the street.
- I think so. They will not miss work, but one thing is being in an office or face a complex and is something completely different to prepare for an end of the NBA. No adrenaline was compared with that. I know it will be a very hard in my life.
- I said "Pepe" Sanchez, after the Olympics had to consult a professional in the subject of motivation. You did something similar?
- I feel I need something extra motivation for the subject, but if you see it live this year. Feel out of a group that was constantly active, being unemployed three months to be a hyperactive type. I went a couple of times to say things.
- That is where things went wrong ...
- Not that I was so wrong, but I did it because they are professionals and students for that.
- What motivates you today?
- There is no better motivation to remember the celebrations of each title or the passion she felt in those moments.
- Do not take it as it is already?
- No! I want to live again. It is a necessity. At least in my case. Perhaps another might think: "That's it." Furthermore, if you have new challenges and colleagues want to see enjoy. I tell you, I enjoyed most in 2007 for "Fabri" (Oberto) and Michael Finley for me. Two Tipaza that broke the c. .. for many years. I wanted to live that feeling.
- Do you like to share with those closest part of your feelings?
- Yes. So went to see the end of 2005 and 2007. I know you live as if they were playing. In 2003, while it was new and enjoyed it less because I did not know how hard it was to win a title, were alone and I missed sharing it with someone who really feel things differently. Also in 2004, was not the same hug with "Pepe" and the "Puma" (Montecchia).
- Do you have any loans outstanding?
- If you look at my career I need a World Cup. But do not feel like a thorn. The tremendous bitterness that I lived in 2002 (World runner) overcame in the 2004 (Olympic Champion) and I was not hurt. While lying if I said I do not want to climb back to the Olympic podium.

A number

- How much can harm Fabricio (Oberto) changes in the last few days (from Milwaukee to Detroit and that, in turn, yield to Boston)?
- It's j. .. When you walk into that wheel. You feel a little ...
- Hands?
- I do not know if hackneyed, it devalued ... As it started to become a number one player. It is a j. .. the NBA. After several years to understand how the business moves, you know that you are part of it and you should com閞tela. But it is a bit cruel to find out later that the media do not have voice or vote and that you have to make the bag and go. It's the ugly part of the NBA.
- From the beginning you got the pampering of the Spurs franchise. 縐ltimamente feel something similar to what we just said?
- I really never felt a buzz of intense change. Happen, could dolerme. When I was a free agent was my decision to go or not.
- Compare performance contracts between the various players?
- It is normal among the players.
- Annoying when another win more and play less?
- It's what you just said: "I won three championships, done that, the other ...". But there are others who make it their own and charge less. I guess it must happen in your work too.
- You speak in the privacy of the team?
- Among my peers never lived or witnessed things like that. It is clear how the business. One is aware that there are veterans who signed a contract before and will charge more, but we will pass us.

Ready, ready ...

- Is it a challenge for you to rejoin the race in the city's August 2? Are you connected with the subject?
- Yes. Definitely. While it did not want to do and knew the best way. When I thought I had the opportunity to do a clinic for kids with real potential was a better idea. This year I decided to do something in Bahia. Is that the party is very athletic and fashionable people are very turned on, so we are organizing meet virtually all requirements. In this case, with an emphasis on family togetherness, outdoor life, sport and health in addition to unite the city in an event which I hope will be different. I think it's a good idea. I hope it goes well.
- When the proceeds go?
- One hundred percent to the municipal hospital. I want people to know this. It'sa great organization that works very well with the cooperative and is a valuable to the city.
- Do you feel identified with the institution having been born a few meters from there?
- Sure. I feel very identified with the hospital.
- As a child did not go to hit the ball with chapita.
- No, because I left for the other side, je. But it is a good idea. I want people to understand that organizing an event to benefit has a cost and takes a great deal of work organization. I have high expectations. I think it can come out very well and also there are some very good prizes, beyond entertainment and sweepstakes worth. In the coming days will be more details and registration sites.
- Are you going to wear shorts?
- No way. I do not know if they will give me the ok to run on asphalt, but the three and a half I'm going to walk safe. I hope to see many guys and have a good time.
- Bothers you when you try to organize things and thinking positive is the "opposition"?
- You say that if growth does not affect me one bit. I'm new at this and it hurts. But that does not criticized. This city has historically been the case. Superlimpia my conscience, I do this wave, I do not need to invest time or two minutes, but we undertake because it is my feeling. People will always be mediocre or negative in nature that is against everything. I bank.
- As the years pass you'll emerge more such ventures?
- Now I have more experience. I know more people, and events like I understand a little bit more. I have a pretty name recognition, companies that want to approach me for what I represent and I think I can channel it where I want. I think I won all. So, why not?
- Failure to build the stadium will lose all?
- I have no doubts. In the long run will be built, but after losing a long time of use.
- Are you delivered?
- No. I think this is to. It is wasting time, which is not thought to occur.
- You were optimistic.
- Yes, yes. I thought it was something almost automatic. I thought, first of all, it was something superb. The city did not have to put a mango. Even for maintenance. At least I was promised money for that. So I found it strange that so many have against it, people complained and have not received all the support I expected.
- Why do not you like to transcend many of your charities?
- There are things that must transcend and others not. If you're doing a mega as we are arranging to do now is imperative, otherwise they would not receive the help they need. What we do not want to make a circus, saying "I am this or that" when I do is almost nothing. I have the feet on the ground and I know that I am not going to save the city or to any youth.
- But do not feel positive echo of what everyone can not see?
- There are times that I think yes, others think it is a bit mask. What was I? Are now. It is a sensitive issue because many people are susceptible and j. .. that has an eye on. Therefore, I prefer to keep some anonymity.

"With a roast I like to take a wine"

- How do you drive with power during the recess?
- It was an overstatement as I did in these two weeks. I am with really wants to eat pork, lamb, baby goat, so I already tried everything in excess. Although not got no half gram. My body is so. I have to start cutting with a little meat.
- There a lot of consumerism pasta.
- Lots of pasta and meat, but is different.
- The meat is different and the environment too?
- Totally. I am fortunate to be near "Fabri" and sometimes we get together for four, five or six and played in a mini-scale, cutting and sharing a Salam韓 three hours for a roast, but it is different.
- What about alcohol?
- Wine tasting is more me. With a roast I like to take a wine. I think that is part of folklore and sharing.
- Why would you like to provide?
- At this time for health.
- Are you scared?
- No, but I know I can have a bad streak like so many other players. It happens to everyone. As much as I do not feel that physical decline is, I realize that I had a bad year. I suffered two injuries in the feet that hurt me. I hope that if you lose is because I am not more explosive or whatever, but not by a factor that prevents you from playing.
- Do you notice that your level is declining?
- I can not jump as before, I'm not so explosive or feel more tired. My best time was in terms of the numbers 2007-2008, with almost 20 points per game and already had 30 years. I do not think that in a year can change so much.
- When leaving the stadium you want to eat everything, je.
- I have options to adjust and capitalize on other facets of my game. I feel healthy for us to test.
- Perhaps the most difficult thing will be missing injuries.
- Maybe. Actually I do not know how I'm going to take it.
- Talking about certain issues bothers you more than others?
- Speaking of silver is very sensitive in this country. Saying that $ 20 million may be lost, here it sounds almost impossible for many, but I see there every day. You can not imagine the amount of sharks that are floating around. In my case I was blessed with a very healthy environment. But I know that when speaking of silver, the whole world changes.
- You changed the silver?
- I had to open more eyes. Occasionally say "no", but sometimes, when he said with a team mate, I do not think that my family or my closest childhood friends ask me not, for example, a new home. Environment is another.
- Are you screwed something that I asked?
- The truth does not.
界灵fsa离线中   引用
 2009-06-29 23:10  #2
believe

界灵fsa的头像

加入日期: 2006-09-02
帖子: 3235
现金: 161 盾
回复: New Manu Article

召唤manu粉丝来翻译啊~~
界灵fsa离线中   引用
 2009-06-30 01:25  #3
四年生~

kikikilian的头像

加入日期: 2005-09-09
帖子: 3886
现金: 75 盾
kikikilian 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛亚军 kikikilian 荣获 2006-07 Fantasy Games Iceman 联盟冠军

太長了
my niggas, we tha last ones left
but life goes on.....

[right]alwayz 2Pac[/right]
kikikilian离线中   引用
 2009-06-30 16:44  #4
球童

加入日期: 2009-03-06
帖子: 68
现金: 0 盾

水平还不到啊,看到一半就累了
海力布离线中   引用
 2009-06-30 17:32  #5
板凳

Manu Parker的头像

加入日期: 2009-06-21
帖子: 955
现金: 100 盾

看了一点就困了,下次接着看。。。
Manu Parker离线中   引用
 2009-07-01 13:43  #6
板凳

gnez的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-06
帖子: 710
现金: 50 盾

这篇文章真长,看的我累死了,还有很多没太看懂,看来是要增强自己的英文能力了!
 2009-07-01 20:31  #7
观众

加入日期: 2009-06-17
帖子: 10
现金: 0 盾

真够长的文章,有没有人来翻译下
历史第一大前锋离线中   引用
 2009-07-08 13:10  #8
板凳

shaosh的头像

加入日期: 2005-02-11
帖子: 702
现金: 246 盾

我来翻吧。快毕业了,该定的都定得差不多了。就是有的地方翻的不太准,也没有有的同学写得那么有意思,凑合着看个大概吧。
shaosh离线中   引用
 2009-07-09 10:18  #9
板凳

shaosh的头像

我说怎么看着那么别扭不像英语呢。乖乖,原来是用Google从西班牙语翻过来的,这难度就有点大了。
shaosh离线中   引用
 2009-07-09 19:23  #10
Thx, Bruce

xinsuimadong的头像

加入日期: 2005-03-19
帖子: 1819
现金: 780 盾
xinsuimadong 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第16名

引用:
作者 shaosh:
我说怎么看着那么别扭不像英语呢。乖乖,原来是用Google从西班牙语翻过来的,这难度就有点大了。

倒,spurstalk那个帖子再往下翻几楼,有一个西班牙哥们自己翻译到英语了。应该会比google translate容易理解。

引用:
作者 ElNono:
Beyond the goal

Soon to be 32 years old, and while he works organizing a marathon August 2nd to benefit the Municipal Hospital, Emanuel Ginobili confessed that he sought professional help while he went through his worst basketball season. He doubts his continuity with the national team and he hasn't lost hope in Bahia Blanca having a multi-purpose stadium. He also spoke about paternity, his investments and the importance of the people near him.

Fernando Rodriguez for "La Nueva Provincia"

On the second floor of the building located in the first block of Saavedra street, Emanuel Ginobili was waiting. When the elevator door opened Juan Alberto Espil appeared. Mistake? No. He just had a meeting with Manu, one of his investing partners.
A table with sandwich leftovers, some beverages, and everything related to a break was a synonym to a meeting.
Espil said goodbye, joined by her wife Mara Drevniak. Leando, the older of the brothers, was left. His son Franco, in his own world, was sitting against the wall. Until the main actor appeared and invited us to the next room.
Over a long table there were cups, notepads, candies and a projector pointing to a screen.

"All right, this is...", Manu said kidding, simulating being a specialist on the topic.

- Your stay in Bahia is like this, meeting to meeting?
More or less. We wanted to have somebody from the hotel so they could give us a better idea, because we don't know a whole lot about this business. I'm very curious, I'm interested in everything and I wanted to learn.

- Have you see the hotel completed before?
No. I had an image of what it was going to look like, but the lobby, at some point looked like Kosovo. I love it. Very fancy, clean, well put together. I feel proud.

- Every new project is your own idea or do you listen to suggestions?
In some cases yes, in this case in particular I had an opportunity, I met people that were really carrying the project forward, I was invited to participate and I liked the idea of having a first class hotel in Bahia.

- The fact of living in a 5 star infrastructure the last few years, does it generates a big contrast when you come back?
The contrast is strong, but natural. I lived more years in Bahia than over there. This is my house, even though I feel really comfortable in San Antonio. It's not like now I'm out of context.

- Is there something material that you like to visit as soon as you come here?
This time I had a lot of curiosity to see the hotel and how it worked, but what I miss the most is the non-material. I mean, I could be 3 years without coming back to Bahia if it wouldn't be because of the affective part.

- What is most startling about returning?
I like to appreciate, along with my wife (Marianela Oroño), the feeling and the responses from the people. You see them very optimist sometimes, even though things might not be well. Other times they're negative and say "we have no solution". Even though we're all always the same. I notice it a lot because I spend 10 months somewhere else, so the contrasts are big. Even though I talk every other day with my mom (Raquel) and friends, being here I get a better grip of what's going on. In 2002 the pessimism from the people was unbelievable; in 2003 and 2004 it got a little better and now, the people are just tired with all the political topics, pissed about education, agronomy, and so on.

- When was the last time that you voted?
I actually recall that thanks to "La Nueva Provincia". I was playing in Estudiantes and a picture of me putting my vote with a black and white shirt was in the newspaper. I don't remember what we were voting for then (president).

- Are you going to vote this time?
I don't know if I'm going to be in the city, but I'd like to go.

- You don't try to evade voting?
No, no, I'd like to. I know of two or three candidates.

- Was there any politicians interested in having you close by?
No. I'm also very clear that, for now, I don't want to associate myself with anybody or be on any political act.

- Do you discard a political career in the future?
The word never is very tough. Maybe I say it, and then I end up there. I'm interested, ok?

- You've been interested in Argentina's history. In what stage do you think we are?
I don't see people being optimist. To the contrary, they're saturated, tired of what they see, hears and read.

- Does it worry you?
How it won't worry me? I would like to see my people in the best situation and they're not. Decisions have to be made about the economical power of each one. A lot of people near me have money problems: some can't get credit, another that do not have enough money to pay bills... and, on top of that, in my case I have a very favorable economical present that it strikes me harder. Makes me feel... I can't say guilty, but...

- About your investments. Do you have any idea when things are going well or not? Or it's always well?
It's not always well. In the real estate part there are moments where you see that people have money and buy, and in other moments people are more cautious and wait. On the Il Giardino (nursing home) or the hotel side it's different things. There you notice inflation and other changes.

Golden friends

- How do you project yourself being a millionaire? Because even your grand-grand children are going to be ok (laughs)
I know that I'll probably won't suffer economic problems. That said, about a 20% of NBA players in my situation end up with economic problems.

- Unbelievable!
The thing with money is, wether you want it or not, it goes away if it's administered poorly or you have a family that instead of saving, tries to suck your blood.

- That much money can go away?
Yes, it can. People might think that 20 million dollars can never go away, but if you're not careful it ends up going. I don't think it will happen to me. Nevertheless, the fact of having a secure economic present generates a bunch of other problems.

- Like what?
People that tries to get close to you. I see it daily in the NBA. When you have a situation like this, it's unbelievable how relationships change. You can't imagine. But in that aspect I'm a fortunate person, because I have golden friends.

- You have a circle of people that contain you a lot. Did you have to say something at some point or they were always like this?
It happened. If somebody tried to go the wrong way, naturally, we walked separate ways. I never had problems. Most of my friends are from high school and I have not have the problems I've seen all the time over there.

About time?

- Fathering is something that worries you?
I'm not worried.

- I ask because of age.
But I'm the old man(31). My wife is 4 years younger, so I have plenty of time. We have something planned.

- I remember when you guys were young and uses to tell "Yuyo" in Bahiense to keep on having kids, because they looked improved.
Yes, we'll see how the grandchildren come around. In the meantime we have high hopes on Franco (son of Leandro) (laughs)

"I know my body is not the same than when I was 25 years old"

- What do you have to do at this stage in the rehabilitation?
I have to start slow. Bike first, mixing in 5 minutes running. After that, bike with ten minutes. Later on, fifteen and after that more running than bike until I start to carry some weight.

- Running on the treadmill?
Yes. They don't want me to run on hard surfaces. That's why I have to do it on the treadmill or go somewhere with turf. Anyways, the first three or four weeks are adaptation so they're pretty light. In July we start a little stronger.

- Do you do anything for your upper body?
Practically always. There are some stages of maintenance, others of load, but the hardest part I do when I go to the US.

- During the time you were not playing, did you change your workout routine a lot?
Yes, because I basically focused on the upper body. Although you can't really notice it because I still weight 200 pounds. But in the last few months I really put a lot of work on it.

- That said, the idea is not to shape your body like a bodybuilder...
(laughs) well, it's not going to be to go to the beach; the idea is to be stronger. After two intense months that I didn't play, now we get to another two that I won't do a lot, that's why the body doesn't really look much different.

- And the hand?
To be honest I haven't shot in a while.

- We can ask the "Crazy" Mele to get you a DUBa chair.
(laughs) sure. The thing is, since I couldn't do anything involving impact, I didn't get to shoot for a long time. I should start soon.

- Are you anxious?
I really want to play. Shoot, run, and all that is not what I like the most, but I miss a lot the competition. I really missed playing on the playoffs, to fight rivals, the coach talk and everything that surrounds it. Even though I was there, I didn't feel it as much.

- Did you feel guilty in some way?
I felt so many things... Like I never did before! I had injuries before, missed some game, but I was aware I was coming back soon. This time I missed the first three months of competition and then the playoffs. I went through moments of feeling guilty, and sometime I thought: "I'm stepping down from the boat"; other times I would say to myself: "There's nothing I can do"; also: "I'll try to help in what I can". Some other times I thought: "I'm useless". Mentally it was very complicated for me.

- At that moment I'm sure your wife was there
Absolutely.

- Behind the team there are people that work on these situations?
Not much. There's an excellent relationship and good predisposition. Everybody supported me, but there isn't a sport psychologist on the team. I had bleak moments.

- Did you feel backed up by the entire organization or do you know that, behind close doors, somebody might have gone thumbs down on you?
I always felt backed up, loved and respected. But I do feel there's a little something with the national team, like saying: "Up to now everything was fine, we understood you, but this year it harmed us". And it's clear that the team was harmed.

- How do you feel?
I don't know what I'm going to do. I feel great pleasure playing with the national team group of players. I don't regret playing the Olympics because it's the best that can happen to you as an athlete. That said, I know my body is not the same than when I was 25 years old and if I pretend to keep on playing until I'm 35, 36 or 37 I have to take care of it a little more.

- A lot of doubts, right?
Yes, it's a lot of doubts. That's why I don't want to make a decision now. There's still a year to go to the World Championships. I'll decide when the time comes. No matter what, I'm going to lose with whatever I choose to do. It will be a difficult decision.

- Regardless, you have won everything in the real of the sport.
I have, but I won't be crossing my arms. This is too short! It lasts until 36 or 37 years and then you have another 50 to live. When your time is up and you start going down you regret not doing what you could have done. That's why I give the maximum and I want to live every moment with the maximum intensity.

- Have you thought where are you going to channel all that adrenaline once you retire?
I think about it often. It's a topic of discussion and very long conversations in the NBA. We as athletes and at that level are cared for in the extreme, super pampered and spoiled, to put it in some way. And we transform ourselves into finely tuned sport machines. But in the outside world we are completely inexpert. We don't know how to do a thing. There are only very few that have a clear road planned ahead for them. The change is very big and cruel, because you go from being adored to be an ex-player. A lot of players have no problems, some other end up depressed, and the rest are in the middle. I don't know which group I'm going to be in, but I do know I'm going to miss all that.

- I think you're getting ready to get out to the street
I think so. I don't think there's going to be a lack of activities, but one thing is to be inside an office or facing a new investment and another completely different thing is to be preparing yourself for a NBA Finals. There's just no adrenaline that can be compare with that. I know it's going to be a very tough change in my life.

- "Pepe" Sanchez was telling me that after the Olympic Games he had to consult with a professional because of his lack of motivation. Did something like that happen to you?
I don't think I need anything extra on the motivation area, but I did consult because of what I had to go through this year. To feel outside of a group of which I was active part. To be out for three months being hyperactive guy. I went a couple of times to get some stuff off my chest.

- That is, when things were bad...
It's not that I was feeling so bad, but I did it because they're professionals and they study for that.

- What motivates you today?
There's no better motivation than remembering the celebration of each title or the passion I felt during those moments.

- Don't you take it like that's it, it's done?
No! I want to feel it again. It's a necessity. At least in my case. Maybe somebody else can think: "That's it". Also, you always have new challenges and teammates you want to see enjoying the moment. Let me tell you, in 2007 I enjoyed it more because of Fabri (Oberto) and Michael Finley than myself. Two great guys that worked their asses off for many years. I wanted them to know what it felt like.

- Do you like to share with those closest to you part of how you feel?
Yes. That's why they went to watch the 2005 and 2007 finals. I know they feel like like if they were playing. In 2003, even though I was new and I enjoyed it less because I didn't know how hard it was to win a championship, we were alone, and I couldn't share it with somebody that really felt things in a different way. Also, in 2004, it was not the same to hug with "Pepe" and with "Puma" (Monteccia)

- Do you have anything pending?
If you look at my career I'm missing a World Championship. But I don't feel like an itch about it. The incredible sadness I felt in 2002 (2nd place) I overcame in 2004 (olympic champion) and it didn't leave any scars. Although I would be lying to you if I told you I didn't want to step on an Olympic podium again.

A Number

- How it can affect Fabricio (Oberto) all the changes in the last few days (went to Milwaukee and to Detroit, that looks like will trade him to Boston)?
It's difficult when you get into that wheel. You feel a little...

- Manipulated?
I don't know if manipulated, undervalued for sure... It's like you end up being more of a number than a player. It's difficult part of the NBA. After a few years you understand the business side, you know you're part of it and you have to deal with it. But it's a bit cruel to learn after the media that you have no voice or vote and that you have to pack up and go. It's the ugly part of the NBA.

- From the beginning you earned the love of the Spurs franchise. Did you feel something like what you just said lately?
To be honest I never had to deal with a strong trade rumor. If it would happen, it could hurt. When I was a free agent it was my decision to go away or not.

- Do players compare salaries and performances?
It's normal between players.

- Does it bother when somebody earns more and plays less?
It's what you just said: "I won three championships, did this, did that...". But there's also other players that do their thing and earn less. I suppose it happens in your job too.

- Is it a topic of conversation on the team behind close doors?
Between teammates I never experienced or seen that. It's clear how the business is run. You're conscious that there are veterans that signed a contract before and are going to earn more, although that's going to happen to all of us.

Ready, set...

- Is it a challenge to call up the city on the August 2nd race? Are you focused on that?
Yes. Definitely. I wanted to do it for a while now and I didn't know which was the best way. When I had the chance I thought that doing a basketball clinic for kids with real potential was a better idea. This year I set myself to do something in Bahia. I know the athletic part is really popular nowadays and people really like that, that's why what we are organizing practically covers all that's required. In this case focusing on family union, life in the outdoors, sport, health, and also unite the city in an event that I hope it's different from the usual. I think it's a good idea. I hope it works well.

- When are you going to decide where the collected money goes?
One hundred percent of it is going to the Municipal hospital. I want people to know this. It's a great entity that works very well with the foundation and treats the city very well.

- Do you feel a compromise with the institution since you were born just meters from it?
Sure. I feel very identified with the hospital.

- When you were a kid you didn't go there to hit the metal with the ball.
No, because it was facing the other way (laughs). But it's a good idea. I want people to understand that organizing an charitable event has a cost and it takes a lot of work to organize it. I have big expectations. I think it can be real good and there's also pretty neat prizes, besides shows and other things that are worth checking out. In the next few days there will be more details and places to sign up.

- Are you going to put your shorts on?
For sure. I don't know if I'm going to get the ok to run on asphalt, but the 3 and a half kilometers I'm going to walk for sure. I hope to see a lot of kids and have a good time.

- Does it bother you when you try to organize something thinking positive and the "opposition" shows up?
I would lie to you if I told you it doesn't affect me a bit. I'm new in this and it hurts. But the ones that don't do it are not criticized. In this city it has been historically like this. I have my conscience super clean, I'm doing this with all the good intentions. I don't have to invest even two minutes, but I do it because I feel that way. There is always mediocre or negative people by nature that goes against everything. I'll take it.

- As time goes by, do you get more ideas for these types of events?
Now I have more experience. I know more people, I watch similar events and I understand a little more. I have a fairly well known name, there are companies that come to me because of what I represent and I think I can channel that where I want. I think with this we all win. So, why not do it?

- If the stadium is not built, do we all lose?
I have no doubts. In the long run it will be built, although after a lot of wasted time.

- Have you given up?
No. I think it's going to happen. Time is being wasted. Something I didn't think would happen.

- You were optimistic?
Yes, yes. I thought it was something almost automatic. I thought, originally, that it was something outstanding. The city didn't have to give up a dime. Not even for maintenance. At least I was promised some money destined for that. That's why I thought it was weird that there were so many obstacles, that people would complain and that I didn't get the support I expected.

- Why you don't like to publicize a lot of your charity works?
Some things have to be publicized and some don't. If you're doing a huge event like we're doing now, it's imperative that you do that, otherwise you won't receive the help that you need. What I don't want is to build a circus saying "I'm this or that", when what I do is practically nothing. I think I have my feet on the ground, and I know I won't be saving the city or all the children out there.

- But you don't consider positive to echo what not everyone can see?
Sometimes I think it's correct and other times I think it would be kind of fake. I don't know. They're moments. It's a delicate topic because there's a lot of sensible and difficult people that keep an eye on you. That's why I prefer to be anonymous sometimes .

"With a barbecue, I like to drink wine"

- How do you deal with your diet during the offseason?
What I did these last two weeks was an exaggeration. I came wanting to eat pork, lamb, goat, so I tasted everything and in excess. Even though I didn't gain a pound. My body is like that. I do have to cut down on meats a bit.

- Do you eat a lot of pasta over there?
A lot of pasta and meat too, but it's different.

- The meat is different and the environment too?
Totally. I'm lucky to be near Fabri (Oberto) and sometimes we get together four, five or six persons and we reproduce it on a smaller scale, with some salami and sharing three hours on a barbecue, but it's different.

- And alcohol?
I'm liking wine more. With a barbecue I like to drink wine. I think it's part of the whole thing, and sharing.

- What do you toast to?
Right now to be healthy.

- Are you affraid?
No, but I'm aware I can have a bad streak like many other players. It can happen to anybody. Even though I don't feel my body is decaying, I'm conscious I had a bad year. I suffered two injuries in my feet that really hurt me emotionally. I hope that if I'm decaying then it's because I'm not explosive anymore or whatever, but not for something that prevents you from playing.

- Do you notice your level is decaying?
I know that I don't jump as high as before, that I'm not as explosive or that I feel more when I'm tired. My best season as far as numbers goes was 2007-2008, with almost 20 ppg and I already was 30 years old. I don't think I can change that much in one year.

- When you step on the court you're going to want to eat everyone alive (laughs)
I have the possibility to make adjustments and take advantage of other facets of my game. I want to feel healthy to be able to try.

- Perhaps, the most difficult part will be to forget about injuries?
Could be. I honestly don't know how I'm going to react.

- Does it bother you to talk about certain topics more than others?
Talk about money is very delicate in this country. To say 20 million dollars can be wasted, over here sounds almost impossible, but over there you can see it almost daily. You can't imagine the amount of sharks circling around. In my case I'm fortunate to be surrounded by a very healthy group of people. But I know that when you talk money, everything changes.

- Did you change because of the money?
I had to open my eyes more. I had to say "no" here and there, but sometimes, when I tell a teammate, they don't believe that my closest family or my childhood friends didn't ask me, for example, to buy them a new house. It's a different environment.

- Did it bother you anything I asked you?
Not at all.

原文:http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3503479&postcount=10
xinsuimadong离线中   引用
 2009-07-10 17:06  #11
板凳

shaosh的头像

[QUOTE=xinsuimadong]倒,spurstalk那个帖子再往下翻几楼,有一个西班牙哥们自己翻译到英语了。应该会比google translate容易理解。

嗯,这个应该差不多.
shaosh离线中   引用

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转