帖子: 1540
现金: 192 盾
[完工]Spurs' Duncan rounding into form

Spurs' Duncan rounding into form

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...an.813a4f0.html

Web Posted: 03/13/2006 12:00 AM CST

Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

With Sunday's game against the Houston Rockets at the AT&T Center being the first of the final 20 games of the regular season for the Spurs, All-Star power forward Tim Duncan understands what he needs to do between now and when the playoffs begin in April.

"I'm just playing," Duncan said after scoring 20 points and grabbing 10 rebounds in the Spurs' 88-81 victory, "and trying to find my way back."

The place Duncan is trying to rediscover in a season spent battling pain in his right foot is the level that made him a first-team All-NBA selection in each of his first eight seasons. In each of those seasons, Duncan averaged no fewer than 20.3 points, but he entered Sunday's game averaging 18.8 points, second on the team to point guard Tony Parker.

Since the All-Star break, Duncan has looked more comfortable making the variety of moves in the low post that have characterized his play in seasons past. One Duncan spin move that produced a dunk and a seven-point lead in the third quarter was so quick it left the Rockets' Juwan Howard sitting on the court, looking up in amazement.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was happy to see some assertiveness from Duncan on Sunday. He also would like to see Duncan occasionally consider being a bit selfish.

"He's still so unselfish, to a fault," Popovich said. "We've got to get him to be a little more aggressive offensively."

Duncan confesses that lingering self-doubt about the reliability of his perimeter shot occasionally leads him to stall the Spurs' offense. He's not sure he agrees with Popovich that being unselfish is a fault.

"I don't know," Duncan said of the perimeter shots that sometimes turn into passes to teammates. "If it's there, it's there. I've been passing up a lot of shots, whether it be from lack of confidence in my shot right now, or whatever. I've been passing some wide-open jumpers that are stalling out the offense. In that respect, I need to take those shots, of course.

"I'm taking them when they're there. I don't think I've been shy to shoot the ball. Things just haven't been going down for me."

Shots were going down for Duncan early in Sunday's game. He made four of eight shots in the first quarter, scoring 10 points. However, he missed all five of his shots in the second period.

Duncan got his shooting rhythm back in the fourth period when he scored on three-straight Spurs possessions after the Rockets had trimmed a double-digit deficit to four points.

The first of the three baskets came after he rebounded Beno Udrih's missed free throw and fought through a block by Rockets' 7-foot-6 center Yao Ming, retrieving the ball and laying it in.

Duncan followed with another spin move on the low post for an easy basket, and punctuated his momentary domination with another dribble drive, hitting a 6-foot shot and drawing Yao's fourth personal foul.

The final basket put Duncan at 20 points, giving him only his second 20-point game since Jan. 28. It was, however, his second in March. He scored 22 against Portland on March 4.

"We did what we needed to do," Duncan said of the Spurs' performance on Sunday, which came after a Friday loss to the Lakers. "We had a letdown with the last game, the performances and the energy we didn't have in that game.

"We responded better in this one."

此帖于 2006-03-13 20:55 被 秦南玥 编辑.
秦南玥离线中   引用
 2006-03-13 21:29  #2
Young

tinysands的头像

加入日期: 2005-09-20
帖子: 6306
现金: 535 盾
tinysands 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第10名 tinysands 荣获 2006-07 Fantasy Games Iceman 联盟亚军
回复: [完工]Spurs' Duncan rounding into form

All-Star power forward Tim Duncan
全明星强力前锋Duncan——虽然……Power Forward可以说成强力前锋……不过,更多的,一般还是说成 大前锋……

spin move
邓氏移动——-___-……太华丽了点……
https://www.chinaspurs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6213

He's not sure he agrees with Popovich that being unselfish is a fault.
但他不同意Popovich的说法,认为无私是个毛病。——嗯……典型的中英文的用法差异……这么直接翻出来感觉就很怪的……再想想看……还有更好的说法的……

However, he missed all five of his shots in the second period.
但第二节他错过了全部5次出手。——一个小问题……miss,错失,投丢更好一些……可以直接翻为:然而,在第二节中,他的5次投篮全部偏出篮筐

嗯……明显比上一篇进步多了……Good Job……

Heaven in Hell
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-13 21:32  #3
Young

tinysands的头像

加入日期: 2005-09-20
帖子: 6306
现金: 535 盾
tinysands 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第10名 tinysands 荣获 2006-07 Fantasy Games Iceman 联盟亚军

嗯……多翻译之后语句自然会更流畅的,要特别注意中英文用法习惯的差异……

Heaven in Hell
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-13 22:19  #4
Back

加入日期: 2006-03-07
帖子: 1540
现金: 192 盾

1. spin move ——转身移动,摆脱防守
2. He's not sure he agrees with Popovich that being unselfish is a fault.——无私是个毛病,他并不同意Popovich的这种说法。

感谢tinysands的指导!

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!