马刺中文论坛
用户名 忘了密码?
密码 注册

马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » Bruce's Bytes:The Garner Extended Family Reunion ...

主题工具
 2009-07-22 16:01  #1
裁判

加入日期: 2007-01-18
帖子: 487
现金: 4638 盾
Bruce's Bytes:The Garner Extended Family Reunion ...

The Garner Extended Family Reunion ...
By Bruce Bowen on Jul 21, 2009 1:05 PM

http://voices.mysanantonio.com/brucebowen/2009/07/the-garner-extended-family-reu.html

I had the wonderful opportunity of going to a family reunion that my mom spent countless hours preparing. I didn't know quite what to expect, I hadn't gone to a reunion in quite some time, I felt like when I did go, everyone knew me but I didn't know others.

This one happened to be more intimate than I thought, I guess I say intimate because I basically knew everyone who was there and enjoyed those whom I hadn't seen in quite some time.

It was the first for my sons, and boy, did they leave family with an impression that will last quite some time. They danced and played with cousins they didn't know. What was so amazing to me was the fact that we came together to celebrate those present and past to continue what my mom's mom started.

We had a DVD with photos to remind us of the good times -- pictures that captured SPURS CHAMPIONSHIPS, and pictures that showed kids growing into adulthood.
A great time for me to reflect on things that had transpired in my life. A time for me to be grateful for God Blessing me with this wonderful family.

I say these things because I didn't grow up with this kind of "UNCONDITIONAL LOVE." So when I'm part of things like this, it makes me reflect. Reflecting allows me to appreciate things that I may have once taken for granted. To see my boys interacting with their cousins, brought a joy I can't explain. Watching my wife participate in a Potato Sack race was hilarious. Watching her Cuban competitive fire playing volleyball was inspiring (even though I didn't play).

I suppose that some of you are saying, "Bruce, that's what goes on at family reunions," but this is a part of my life that I never experienced growing up. Once again, Mom, you have taught me another lesson in life. Thank you, and I love you!
lstina10404离线中   引用
 2009-07-22 16:12  #2
裁判

加入日期: 2007-01-18
帖子: 487
现金: 4638 盾
回复: Bruce's Bytes:The Garner Extended Family Reunion ...

不知道还适不适合发在这里!

转眼,交易已经完成快一个月了!
有时在想,为什么不在交易发生之后就告诉我们,他是否会回来?
让我从满怀期待到在猜测和流言里感伤,直到现在看不到希望,还不如当初就死心来的痛快!
lstina10404离线中   引用

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!