2008-11-06 14:07  #1
管理员

加入日期: 2004-04-25
帖子: 4429
现金: 40 盾
香瓜 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第13名
James Gist: The Long Journey

James Gist: The Long Journey

In the past couple of months, I graduated from college, got drafted in the NBA by the San Antonio Spurs, and now I am Biella Italy, a beautiful city about an hour drive from Milan. I will consider myself blessed through this process; it's been a roller coaster but a fun experience. Waiting to get my name called on draft day was a nerve racking experience but nothing compares to walking up to the podium to receive my college degree from the University of Maryland. Playing in the NBA has always been my dream, I was very disappointed when the Spurs decided to send me overseas to play for a year, but I trusted their judgment and after speaking to coach Popovich I felt more comfortable, how can I dispute the judgment of a hall of famer like him...I have not looked back since then, I love the city of Biella, I love the fans and I couldn't ask for a better situation to be in Europe. Being away from my family and friends has been the most challenging situation I have to deal with over here, they are coming to visit during Christmas so I am excited and cant wait to get a taste of my moms cooking. The basketball experience was challenging at first, having to deal with all the travelling calls, flops, and the different pace of Euro basketball , it also gives me an opportunity to improve in my basketball skills, I feel like I am already off the charts compared to when I was in Maryland. The players here are more experienced and more precise, in college you can get away with a mistake on defense, but here you pay for that mistake immediately, players do not miss when they are open! The culture, food and people are so breathtaking! I have been on the road so I have had the opportunity to see a lot of places in Italy and it's really beautiful, my team mates are the best, I had to get used to driving the small cars and the narrow roads but everything else is pretty much nice. My blog will tell about my experience in Italy, my games and where my journey leads me from here. Ciao

http://www.yardbarker.com/jamesgist
香瓜离线中   引用
 2008-11-06 14:26  #2

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
回复: James Gist: The Long Journey

引用:
players do not miss when they are open

en,乃就练这一招吧。

主题工具