主题工具
 2008-11-28 20:47  #1

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
Jeff McDonald:Spurs' Hill proves tough mentally, physically

By Jeff McDonald - Express-News

Spurs rookie George Hill still wears a brace on his left thumb, courtesy of a preseason meeting with Antonio McDyess. He's got a gash on his elbow, courtesy of Kyle Lowry's face. Against Chicago on Wednesday night, he took a stinging shot to the shoulder from Andres Nocioni.

At times this season, Hill has walked into the postgame locker room feeling like a linebacker on Monday morning. So far, however, he's been as consistently durable as a Timex watch — he takes a licking, but keeps on ticking.

Hill, meanwhile, would prefer to ape his identity from another well-worn advertising slogan.

“I think it comes from me watching Ford commercials,” Hill said. “I need to be built Ford tough.”

Upon overhearing this remark, Hill's teammate, Roger Mason Jr., cackled, “Give that man an endorsement!”

To this point in the season, Hill has earned the only endorsement that really matters to him — that of coach Gregg Popovich.

His minutes expanded with point guard Tony Parker out, and Hill is averaging 11.7 points per game. He has topped 19 points in four straight contests.

More than that, the 22-year-old Hill — slightly built at 6-foot-2 and 180-pounds — has displayed a ruggedness that has impressed teammates and coaches alike.

After Nocioni took him down by the shoulder Wednesday, earning a flagrant foul in the process, Hill drove right at him the next trip down. He drew another foul on Nocioni, mostly to prove he wasn't intimidated.

“That stuff won't bother him,” Popovich said. “He's a mentally tough young man.”

Dancing with George: Hill has played only two games alongside Manu Ginobili, but already he's marveling at the Argentine's fancy footwork.

“I asked him, ‘Do you play soccer? Did you learn your steps from a DVD or something?'” Hill said. “He said, no, it was natural.

“Maybe I have to take ballroom dancing or something, so I can get steps like him.”

Young and restless: The Spurs face a 4-11 Memphis Grizzlies team tonight whose starting lineup rivals the NCAA's Memphis Tigers in terms of youthfulness.

The average age of the Grizzlies' starting five is 21.4. The oldest member is rookie Marc Gasol, age 23. Memphis is led by 21-year-old guard O.J. Mayo, the third overall pick in the June draft. He paces all NBA rookies in scoring at 20.7 points per game.

Mayo had 26 points in the Spurs' 94-81 victory at Memphis on Monday.

“It's not a matter of talent, which obviously exists (in Memphis),” Popovich said. “It's a matter of experience and learning to play together and learning a system. That doesn't happen automatically.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/Spurs_Hill_proves_tough_mentally_physically.html
 2008-11-29 14:55  #2
球童

timtang的头像

加入日期: 2008-07-01
帖子: 97
现金: 0 盾
回复: Jeff McDonald:Spurs' Hill proves tough mentally, physically

“It's a matter of experience and learning to play together and learning a system. That doesn't happen automatically.”
Mason & Hill 都在学和用,但是说实在的看起来还是很自然的发生了.不知道POPO可以怎样解释.哈哈.

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!