马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » 1002

主题工具
 2006-10-03 14:26  #1
Young

tinysands的头像

加入日期: 2005-09-20
帖子: 6306
现金: 535 盾
tinysands 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第10名 tinysands 荣获 2006-07 Fantasy Games Iceman 联盟亚军

Spurs work on (gastronomical) experience in France

http://www.mysanantonio.com/specials/weblogs/spurs/

Johnny Ludden covers the San Antonio Spurs for the Express-News.
October 01, 2006

LYON, France — Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has made it clear he wants his players — and his coaches — to enjoy their weeklong stay in one of the world's greatest restaurant cities.

"A lot of people think this is training camp for getting ready for the season, but that's a lie," Popovich said. "This is a gastronomical experience for all of us. We're taking advantage of that."

Popovich took his coaching staff to L'Est, a brasserie by famed chef Paul Bocuse, on the team's first night in town. The meal began with escargot followed by risotto, scallops and, of course, plenty of wine.

"It was a great night," Popovich said.

Based on Popovich's recommendation, Tony Parker was planning to take some of the players to L'Est on Sunday evening.

"They don't drink wine," Popovich said, "so they're not having quite as much fun as the coaching staff."

This is the third time in four seasons the Spurs have spent part of the preseason outside the United States. Popovich liked the way the team bonded during last year's trip to U.S. Virgin Islands, and with at least five new players on the roster, he hopes the Spurs' stay in France proves just as beneficial.

"The best part about it is the camaraderie that can develop when you're in another place," Popovich said. "Guys get a chance to get away from their families and children and can talk to each other, learn about each other."

Popovich made sure the Spurs' first practice didn't run too much past noon on Sunday.

"I was getting bored," he said. "It's time for lunch now — the second best part of the day."

Ginobili puts summer of discontent behind him

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA100306.1D.Spurs.351b611.html

Web Posted: 10/03/2006 12:07 AM CDT
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

LYON, France — If Manu Ginobili's summer followed the script of his previous five summers — and, given how heavily decorated the previous five summers had left him, did anyone think it wouldn't? — then he would have watched his 3-pointer settle into the net, spun on his heels, pumped his fist and celebrated long into the night.

Ginobili wouldn't have swatted Dirk Nowitzki's wrist. Or, even if he did, the foul would have been forgiven as soon as his off-balance bank shot fell through the rim at the buzzer, completing one of the most improbable comebacks in NBA playoff history.

And if Ginobili's magic had failed him even then? If the Spurs' season still ended at the conclusion of their epic seven-game Western Conference semifinal series with Dallas?

Ginobili still had the World Championships. He could have simply done what he did the only other time he couldn't help the Spurs to a title: Lead Argentina to a gold medal.

So much for history. Ginobili's pass to Andres Nocioni on the final possession of Argentina's semifinal game against Spain led only to a missed 3-pointer. His layup attempt at the end of regulation against Dallas didn't drop. And, as everyone knows by now, he did foul Nowitzki.

As a result, for the first time in six years, Ginobili ended his summer without a medal around his neck or a trophy in his hands.

"The crazy thing was, I felt exactly the same way after the NBA (playoffs) and after the World Championships," Ginobili said. "I was very upset. I was sad.

"Probably two of the best teams of the tournaments play together in the semifinals or whatever it was, and both (games) are decided on the last shot. My teams didn't (win) any of the two ... so it was hard to swallow."

Ginobili's difficultly digesting the losses was understandable. Over the previous five seasons he had won Italian league and Euroleague championships, a pair of NBA titles and an Olympic gold medal. Even his silver medal from the 2002 World Championships brought some measure of satisfaction given that everyone west of Belgrade thought Argentina would have taken gold were it not for some shaky officiating.

As disappointing as it was to return from Japan last month without a medal, Ginobili thinks Argentina gave a respectable showing.

Nor does he seem to still be nursing a hangover from the Spurs' early exit. On the first day of camp, he picked up a ball 30 feet from the basket, threw it hard off the court then watched it arc through the rim. Spurs' staffers, now accustomed to Ginobili's wizardry, simply shook their heads.

"I feel very good," Ginobili said. "Nothing's sore."

That's a change from last season. Between ankle and foot sprains, bone bruises and quadriceps and calf contusions, Ginobili missed 17 games, most of which came during the first half of the schedule.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and Ginobili both now wonder whether Ginobili's full summer of rest before the start of last season did him more harm than good. While Ginobili said the extended break — he didn't play for his national team for the first time in years — left him mentally refreshed, he also had a harder time getting in shape.

Popovich hopes Ginobili won't need as long to find his comfort level this season after playing in the World Championships.

"Now that I've been with him a few years, I know he has to play, he has to have a rhythm," Popovich said. "He loses that for some reason very quickly. He just has to stay in that grind I think to be the best player he can.

"Now there's a point at which it would obviously be crazy, but given rest along the way, it's better that he plays."

Ginobili doesn't figure to dial down his aggressiveness too much. But he has been working to improve his midrange shot, as well as adding a teardrop runner similar to that of Tony Parker — both of which could help reduce the punishment he usually absorbs in the lane.

"I think (the teardrop) could be a great thing for me in the future, but that all depends," he said. "I'm going to try to use it, but during the game if I just feel more comfortable going to the basket I'm going to do that."

Ginobili's scoring dropped slightly last season (from 16.0 points per game to 15.1) in part because of Parker's increased role in the offense, but also because his own injuries made it difficult to find any consistency. He hasn't set a benchmark for his personal stats this season. Nor has he prioritized earning an All-Star invite.

"My goal is just to improve," Ginobili said. "Be more of a leader, be even more reliable, less mistakes."

Ginobili made his share of errors last season, most notably his end-of-game turnover that led to a loss in Sacramento in the first round of the playoffs. His block attempt on Nowitzki that became a three-point play also doesn't rate high on his list of decisions.

After his foul, Ginobili drove into the lane and tried to win the game on the final possession of regulation. He had Robert Horry semi-open in the left corner, but the Spurs will live with Ginobili shooting 6 feet from the rim, especially when Tim Duncan is in rebounding position.

Ginobili, however, blamed himself for the loss after the game, enough so that Popovich worried about him.

"He's such a competitor that he couldn't believe that he (committed the foul)," Popovich said. "He took it as one of the worst experiences of his life.

"I tried to make the point to him that it was a tough play and it hurt. But in the scheme of things, if it's the toughest thing he ever goes through in life, (everything else) will be a breeze."

Ginobili hasn't bothered to watch replays of the final sequence of events against the Mavericks. Nor has he sat around reliving the conclusion of Argentina's loss to Spain when he made the correct decision to pass to Nocioni after driving into a crowd of defenders.

But that also doesn't mean he's forgotten either.

"The same way Nocioni may be asking for another try, the same thing happened to me against Dallas," he said. "You don't feel great, but you want another chance.

"You want revenge."

Notebook: Horry, slowed by injuries to his right shoulder and left Achilles' tendon, practiced on Monday. Given his professed love for Lyon's food and wine, Popovich was asked if he would consider moving to the city and coaching the local professional team. "That wouldn't be a good fit," he said. "I would weigh 340 pounds and be drunk all the time."

Heaven in Hell
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-10-03 20:39  #2
Thx, Bruce

xinsuimadong的头像

加入日期: 2005-03-19
帖子: 1819
现金: 780 盾
xinsuimadong 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第16名
回复: 1002

接,恩。。。尽快吧,不超过明天这个时候。。。
xinsuimadong离线中   引用
 2006-10-03 21:01  #3
Young

tinysands的头像

加入日期: 2005-09-20
帖子: 6306
现金: 535 盾
tinysands 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第10名 tinysands 荣获 2006-07 Fantasy Games Iceman 联盟亚军
回复: 1002

赞马东

Heaven in Hell
tinysands离线中   引用

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启