2008-10-30 19:12  #1
刺猬

秦七的头像

加入日期: 2007-08-05
帖子: 1836
现金: 1285 盾
10.30 vs.び阳 Oberto out with abnormal heart rhythm

Oberto out with abnormal heart rhythm

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Oberto_to_chill_for_a_while_as_doctors_monitor_his_heart.html

Web Posted: 10/30/2008 12:00 CDT
By Mike Monroe - Express-News

Spurs center Fabricio said he feels ¨a little loopy〃 from medication he was given after undergoing a medical procedure on Tuesday to control abnormal heart rhythm, but otherwise unaffected by an occurrence of atrial fibrillation. Oberto reported a ¨fluttering〃 feeling in his heart while lifting weights before the Spursˇ Tuesday practice. An electrocardiogram (EKG) test revealed the atrial fibrillation, an abnormal heart rhythm.

The 33-year-old center missed the Spursˇ Wednesday night game against the Phoenix Suns. He will not accompany the team to Portland for its Friday night game against the Trail Blazers.

Doctors have scheduled daily EKG exams to monitor his heart rhythm, and he will be re-evaluated for a possible return to game action next week.

The Spursˇ third game of the season, against the Dallas Mavericks, is scheduled for AT&T Center on Nov. 4, and it is possible he could be cleared to play by then.

¨I feel fine,〃 Oberto said before Wednesdayˇs tipoff. ¨I just have to chill for a while.〃

The atrial fibrillation incident was the second of Obertoˇs Spurs career. He first experienced a problem after being hit in the neck in a game in Dallas on April 18, 2007. Then, he underwent the same cardioversion procedure that doctors conducted on Tuesday. He missed four days of games and practices, but returned for the start of the playoffs.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said the fact Tuesdayˇs incident was a recurrence of Obertoˇs 2007 problem is cause for added concern and caution.

¨I just know weˇre going to be very cautious,〃 Popovich said. ¨This is the second time this has happened. If it happened again two weeks from now, then that pattern would really start to give us pause, where I think doctors would probably be a lot more 僺alarmed at the quick recurrence of such a thing.〃

¨For now, weˇre just going to go by what the doctors tell us.〃

Only three big men available: Tim Duncan, Kurt Thomas and Matt Bonner were the only members of the frontcourt to suit up. Second-year center-forward Ian Mahinmi already was on the injured list with a sprained left ankle suffered before training camp began. He is not expected back before mid-November, at the earliest.

Rookie center Anthony Tolliver has been excused to attend his motherˇs funeral, who died last week.

¨We know we are undermanned on the inside,〃 Thomas said after the Spurs absorbed a 103-98 loss to the Phoenix Suns. ¨Thatˇs not an excuse, because we came out and gave it a good, hard-fought effort tonight. They just made shots coming down the stretch and we didnˇt.〃

Thomas believes Oberto will be able to return next week.

¨I think Fab will be OK in the next few days,〃 he said. ¨You have to believe he is going to get back out there.〃

Third-year for Mahinmi: The Spurs on Tuesday picked up their option on the third year of Mahinmiˇs rookie scale contract. Mahinmi will be paid $990,000 next season. The 21-year-old from France, the teamˇs first-round pick in the 2005 draft, did not suit up for Wednesdayˇs game against the Suns. Still recovering from a pre-season ankle sprain, Mahinmi likely wonˇt be ready to play for another few weeks.

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!