马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » Spurs make George Hill's lifelong dream a reality

主题工具
 2008-06-27 21:28  #1
寻找无双.pipi

加入日期: 2008-01-18
帖子: 2159
现金: -729 盾
Spurs make George Hill's lifelong dream a reality

Spurs make George Hill's lifelong dream a reality Ed Holdaway, IUPUI Sports Information
Friday, June 27, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS - George Hill's lifelong dream became a reality on Thursday night when he was selected 26th overall by the San Antonio Spurs in the 2008 NBA Draft. The 6-foot-2 guard declared for early entry in this year's draft after averaging 21.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists last season for the Jaguars, earning Summit League Player of the Year honors.

"It’s been a childhood dream," Hill said. “I’m excited to be going to a class organization like the Spurs. I worked out for them twice and really hit it off with (Gregg Popovich). They told me if I was there at 26, they’d take me.

“This was our goal from when the whole thing started, to be a first rounder. A lot of people doubted me, but that’s part of what motivated me the most.”

Watching the draft with friends and family from the clubhouse at the Auburn Hills Apartments, the former IUPUI standout was overcome with tears of joy after hearing NBA Commissioner David Stern make the announcement.

"I was just speechless," Hill said. “I didn’t even hear my full name called. Everyone around me just reacted.”

Hill becomes the first player in IUPUI's basketball history to be drafted and just the ninth in Summit League (formerly Mid-Continent Conference) to be chosen. He’s the first draft pick to come from the league since Valparaiso’s Bryce Drew in 1998 and is just the second-ever First Rounder in league history.

His resume at IUPUI leaves him ranked fourth on the program's all-time scoring list (1,619 points) and among the top 10 in rebounds, assists, steals, free throws made and field goals made. He earned two First Team All-Conference awards and was a member of the league's All-Newcomer Team in 2005.

"We're extremely excited for George tonight," IUPUI Head Coach Ron Hunter said. "This is something he and I have talked about for a long, long time and it's finally here. He's the best player I've ever coached and on top of that, he's one of the best kids I've ever been associated with.

"He's special and as much as we're going to miss him, they're going to love him in San Antonio."

While his on-court prowess had spoken for itself the past four years, the NBA puts players through a rigorous 'getting-to-know-you' process leading up to draft night. Since completing the four-day NBA Pre-Draft Camp in Orlando in late May, Hill has conducted individual workouts for 16 teams, logging more air miles than hours sleep. Workouts vary from city to city with each team conducting different drills and asking different questions of each potential draftee.

"I've been living out of a suitcase for the last month and a half," Hill told The Indianapolis Star's Matt Baker.

Predicted by most pundits to be an early Second Round pick, Hill and his agent, Mike Whitaker from Reid Entertainment, will now be headed to Texas to meet members of the front office and media.

"I'm excited to get going," Hill said. "When you think Spurs, it's more than just (Tim) Duncan and Parker. Parker's a great guard, but they're a great organization. I'm excited to get to learn from some veterans like Mike Finley and Robert Horry.

"They're a class organization."
40512074离线中  
 2008-06-28 12:21  #2
板凳

加入日期: 2005-01-15
帖子: 586
现金: -11 盾
回复: Spurs make George Hill's lifelong dream a reality

。。。。。。。很好,你认识到马刺的强大不只是因为TD和TP,而更是整个组织和体系的力量。。。。下赛季你将获得多于Brent Barry叔叔的出场时间。。。。。。。。。。

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!