马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » 招工专用帖

主题工具
 2006-03-06 21:34  #1
Young

tinysands的头像

加入日期: 2005-09-20
帖子: 6306
现金: 535 盾
tinysands 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第10名 tinysands 荣获 2006-07 Fantasy Games Iceman 联盟亚军
招工专用帖

红色标题的表示无人接手,接受招工,而蓝色标题的则表明已经有人开工了,黑色标题表明文章已过期,无需翻译

说明:今后如有文章都会及时贴在这里,如果是战报则会在文章前注明完成的时间限制,而其他文章则一般不会有时间限制,如果有兴趣则可以挑选后慢慢翻译

注:除战报外的其他文章,都可以自由挑选,某篇文章没人翻的话也无妨,如果有特别好的文章的话,偶们会来说明的

相关的文章来源请看:
https://www.chinaspurs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6214

本帖请勿灌水……若有其他地方的不错的文章也可以贴在这里

认领某一篇文章后,请先在本版面内开一个新主题,并以 [工地] 开头作为标签,表示这篇文章由你认领了,以避免各位的重复劳动……如:[工地]瓜是猪头……等等……

完成后如检查无误,请自行复制文章至阿拉莫议事厅,并将本版面内的工地标签改成 [完工],以标明本篇文章已翻译完成……

翻译中如遇到问题,可以在qq群内讨论,或者去这个帖子提问
https://www.chinaspurs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6213

小二们……努力吧……

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-12 12:26 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-06 21:38  #2
Young

tinysands的头像

tinysands 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第10名 tinysands 荣获 2006-07 Fantasy Games Iceman 联盟亚军
回复: [CST]招工专用帖(小二们来看……)

时间限制:无

GLOBAL: Rasho Nesterovic

By Nikola Olic
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Mar 1, 2006, 02:18

http://www.hoopsworld.com/global/article_16345.shtml

Somewhere in NBA archives there is a photo of Rasho Nesterovic and Nazr Mohammed holding the 2005 NBA trophy. They are both tired and smiling, after 16 playoff victories and as a many bottles of celebratory champagne. They always replace each other on the basketball floor but on this night it was no more. As all the Spurs patiently waited to have their photos taken somewhere in the basement of the then-SBC Center, Nesterovic insisted Nazr join him on the floor this one time. A picture might be worth a thousand words, but only one word mattered to San Antonio fans. The word was "Center" and the question was who will it be next season.

The Slovenian seven footer got the job and helped the Spurs to their best start in franchise history, approaching December with a 12-2 record. This probably came as a surprise to most of the 500,000 fans that a few months ago waved at Nazr, Rasho and the rest of the Spurs as they strolled down the Riverwalk as NBA Champs. It was right there, black on white for everybody to see, just like the Spurs logo itself: Mohammed, Duncan, Bowen, Parker and Ginobili were on all the posters for 2005. Perhaps Coach Greg Popovich just took time to make up his mind. In 2006, after their annual Rodeo road trip and 52 games into the season, Nazr again became the starter.

"I don't know what to think" explained Nesterovic after coming of the bench in a recent home game against Seattle. "Maybe it has its advantages. Our rotations are unpredictable. We will see, the change has just begun. I'll wait five or ten games to see how it will work out and then we can talk more. If a player likes to come of the bench, this might work better for them. I never really came of the bench; I think I would rather be a starter. I will have to wait and see how it is coming of the bench."

Of the twenty predictable Spurs rotations, Nesterovic is -- or was -- in the two most often used ones. With him on the floor, San Antonio on average gains almost two points on the opponent while they break even with Mohammed in his place. San Antonio is one of the best defensive teams in the NBA -- keeping opponents to the league-low 88 points per game -- and Rasho has played for Popovich long enough to know where he needs to be on the floor to help keep that percentage. Fifty plus games into the season, how does coach Popovich pick a center?

"There is the classic way -- rebounds, blocks, defense but you have to ask Popovich for the details. He might have his own little tricks. I did not change my game. At the start of the season I came without the pressure of thinking about the starting role and how much will I play. I played my game and tried to do my best."

San Antonio’s intrastate rivals Dallas Mavericks benefited from shaking up their center roles. Veteran Erick Dampier is coming of the bench for a younger and less experienced DeSagana Diop and is playing better because of it. Call it healthy competition or the basketball version of The Survival Of The Fittest. Nesterovic agrees.

"There is tension there and I think that can help the team" he explained while in training camp in Virgin Islands this summer. "With more competition and more aggressiveness in practice you just carry that to the game and it's just easier for the team effort and for both of us."

Talking about competition in summertime for Nesterovic usually means something different -- international basketball. As the captain of the Slovenian national team, he led them to a sixth place finish at the European championships in Belgrade last summer, an impressive appearance that qualified them for the Basketball World Championships in Japan in August. Their leader already has a plan.

"Every team has weaknesses and strengths. We are ready to play. Our group is tough but we have our advantages against all of those teams. This is our first championship and we can't say we will be going for the gold medal but we have our game to play and we will not give up easily. If we can give a 100% in all our games, I think we will go far."

The group Rasho is talking about is their opponents in the qualification round, a list that includes formidable squads from United States and China. Slovenia has strong NBA weapons to choose from in Rasho Nesterovic, Sasha Vujacic, Beno Udrih, Primoz Brezec and Bostjan Nachbar, an impressive arsenal from a country with a population similar to Houston, Texas.

"Everybody expects the US to get first place. If we lose, everybody expected us to lose against them anyway. But if we win, that would be a great surprise. Slovenians are playing well both here and in Europe. Everybody is getting the minutes they need and deserve. We are ready to play."

Perhaps as a nod to its five international players -- most of any NBA team -- and to the World Basketball Championships in general, Spurs’ organization insists they are NBA Champions rather than World Champions. In Beno Udrih and Rasho Nesterovic they have two Slovenians that don't share the floor much but rather share a language. Can language be used against another team in the court of basketball?

"On the court, not so much" explains Nesterovic with a good laugh. "But of the court, it helps a lot. Two players from the same country, from the same part of the world, it certainly helps. It is a great psychological boost. We don't really have a way to take advantage of our language on the court, it is a team game and our coach is controlling the game. Two of us can't speak Slovenian while the rest are speaking English."

Sounds like a saying Popovich would yell out in practice.

Much like there can not be two centers at one starting spot, there is not likely to be competition without change. If Nesterovic still endorses his summer camp idea that competition is good, he will do so by changing his game. Mohammed got into the starting lineup by doing exactly that and as Nesterovic responds for the remainder of the season, Popovich will truly have a center spot with -- as he put it in another recent saying -- "a two-headed monster".

[Thanks to our Emmett Shaw for helping with this story]

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-10 20:24 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-06 21:49  #3
Young

tinysands的头像

时间限制:一周

Spurs' stars Duncan, Ginobili finding a rhythm

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030606.1D.BKNspurs.lakers.7f9e8fd.html

Web Posted: 03/06/2006 12:03 AM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES — Manu Ginobili watched the 24-foot shot settle safely into the net before spinning on his heels and pumping his fist.

Ginobili ran back down court, muttering in who-knows-what language. His frustration gave way to relief.

"It was nice," Ginobili said, "to make one."

Ginobili hasn't had much personal success to celebrate the past three weeks. Still trying to regain the explosiveness — and confidence — that his troublesome right foot stole from him, he has averaged 10 points on 31.7-percent shooting in the past eight games.

"I don't feel as well as I want to, but I'm not upset," Ginobili said. "I know it's going to come."

Ginobili can afford to be patient. Including tonight's meeting with the Los Angeles Lakers, the Spurs have 24 games remaining. And even with Ginobili and Tim Duncan playing below their usual standards, the team has continued to win.

"People talk about, 'Are you ready for the playoffs yet?'" Duncan said. "No. Manu needs to find his rhythm. I need to find my rhythm.

"Tony (Parker)'s been awesome all season long. He's been carrying us. But we need to step it up and get to the point where we're all playing at the right level going into the playoffs."

Duncan delivered one of his best all-around performances in the past month with 22 points, 15 rebounds and three blocks in Saturday's victory over Portland. Ginobili also made some progress, albeit more subtle. In addition to making 5 of 12 shots, he grabbed six rebounds, one less than in the previous four games combined.

"I just need that one good game that unblocks me mentally," he said.

Ginobili appeared to put his troubles behind him Feb. 12 when he scored a season-high 29 points — including 10 in the final 88 seconds — to rally the Spurs past Indiana. But the next night in Cleveland, he again tweaked his right ankle after landing on someone's foot.

Ginobili already had hurt the same foot on three occasions in the first three months, costing him 13 games. Although his latest injury wasn't serious, it slowed the progress he had made.

"I don't think he has his total rhythm back," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "The season is getting to the point where he's had all these nagging injuries that we just have to make sure he doesn't get in a rush to get it back."

The success of Ginobili's teammates has helped him be patient. When foul trouble limited Ginobili to 10 minutes against New York last week, Michael Finley came off the bench and made all eight of his shots for 22 points.

Brent Barry also has given the team a jolt of energy. Since the Spurs nearly traded him to New Orleans on Feb. 23, he has averaged 6.8 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 20.4 minutes over five games. While Ginobili made only 2 of 7 shots against Dallas on Thursday, Barry sparked the Spurs' comeback with four points and five rebounds in just nine minutes.

"On any given evening, it could be Manu or Brent Barry or Michael Finley, I don't really care," Popovich said. "As long as somebody is playing well enough to fill those minutes for us."

Ginobili simply has tried to be, in his words, "useful." Admired for his fearlessness and willingness to absorb contact, Ginobili admitted the string of injuries sometimes has made him nervous to play in a crowd for fear of landing again on someone's foot. That also contributed to his rebounding struggles.

On Saturday, however, Ginobili looked more aggressive. He took the ball to the rim in the second quarter and rattled in a shot over Trail Blazers center Brian Skinner. Had he had his usual burst or lift, he likely would have dunked.

Ginobili drove inside in the third quarter only to watch his runner roll off the rim. The next time down, his 3-pointer popped in and out.

Early in the fourth quarter, Ginobili failed to finish another layup. Duncan grabbed the rebound and the ball swung back to Ginobili in the left corner. He set his feet and drilled a 3-pointer, hiking the Spurs' lead to 11 and sending Portland into a timeout.

"I don't think the team depends on some players as much as it used to," Ginobili said. "But when we're all back playing good, I think it will be great."

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-12 12:26 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-07 14:53  #4
Young

tinysands的头像

时间限制:两天

Spurs go distance with shots from deep

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030706.1D.BKNspurs.lakers.gamer.dbc1135.html

Web Posted: 03/07/2006 12:23 AM CST

Johnny Ludden

LOS ANGELES — Manu Ginobili found the game he was looking for, along with his outside stroke, as did nearly everyone else wearing black Monday night.

Ginobili scored 21 points, throwing in four 3-pointers in a game-turning 3½-minute stretch in the third quarter, as the Spurs beat the Los Angeles Lakers 103-96 at the Staples Center for their seventh consecutive victory.

Michael Finley and Tony Parker also had 21 apiece as the Spurs overcame 43 points from Kobe Bryant. Tim Duncan left midway through the fourth quarter after getting poked in the right eye, but he likely will play tonight when the Spurs return to the Staples Center to face the Clippers.

The Spurs made a season-high 12 3-pointers, including five each from Ginobili and Finley. In the second half, the team buried 10 of its 14 attempts to match the franchise record.

Los Angeles was coming off a victory over Detroit on Saturday. The Pistons were at the end of a four-game trip, and Lakers coach Phil Jackson said his team probably caught them on the right night.

He wasn't quite as confident the Lakers would catch the Spurs on the same.

"San Antonio looks like they're struggling a little bit physically with Tim Duncan and Ginobili, but they're still finding a way to win those ball games," Jackson said before the game.

"Whether they're going to fatigue — and a lot of times it happens to teams who have to go all the way through the playoffs — or not is still the big question. Because this is all just a dance to get to the playoffs, all these 82 games.

"For us, it's a Bataan March."

Ginobili, likewise, has trudged along for three weeks, seeking the explosiveness he's lost from repeatedly spraining his right ankle. He entered Monday averaging 10 points on 31.7 percent shooting in the previous eight games.

Despite his struggles, Ginobili had remained patient. The team was winning. Parker was playing well. Ginobili figured his own time would come.

During the first half, it didn't look like it would be Monday. Ginobili scored nine points but had trouble finishing inside.

Bryant didn't take his first shot until 5:30 remained in the first quarter. Naturally, the Spurs wished he would have waited even longer.

Bryant reeled off 10 points over the next 2 minutes, 23 seconds as the Lakers surged ahead. His driving layup at the first-half buzzer left the Lakers with a 45-43 lead.

Los Angeles shot 47.6 percent in the first half, likely prompting Spurs coach Gregg Popovich to counsel his team on the importance of defense.

As it turned out, the Lakers could have used a similar speech. By the time Jack Nicholson returned to his courtside seat four minutes into the second half, the Spurs had a 58-49 lead. Ginobili buried two 3-pointers during the flurry and Bruce Bowen had another.

Jackson signaled for a timeout, lectured the Lakers, then watched Ginobili set his feet behind the left side of the arc and drill two more 25-footers.

Ginobili's four 3-pointers were one shy of the franchise record for a quarter. The six the Spurs made as a team in the quarter matched the record they set last season against the Lakers.

Duncan, who finished with 18 points, nine assists and seven rebounds, took a shot in the eye from Lakers point guard Smush Parker midway through the final quarter as he was trying to get rid of the ball. Duncan fell to the floor and remained there for a few minutes holding his head before going to the locker room.

Parker nearly joined him a couple of minutes later when Lamar Odom clubbed him on a drive to the rim. After hitting the court with a thud, Parker bounced to his feet, missed his free throws then helped finish off the Lakers with three long jump shots.

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-10 20:27 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-08 17:16  #5
Young

tinysands的头像

Clippers roll over champs

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030806.1C.BKNspurs.clippers.gamer.3d89b1f.html

Web Posted: 03/08/2006 02:08 AM CST

Johnny Ludden

LOS ANGELES — Such is the state of Los Angeles basketball these days: You can beat Kobe Bryant's Lakers and return to the Staples Center one night later to discover you have to play the varsity.

With a 98-85 loss to the Clippers on Tuesday evening, the Spurs learned why Billy Crystal, not Jack Nicholson, now has courtside seats for the city's best NBA team.

Unable to complete an L.A. sweep, the Spurs jetted to Phoenix, where they will take a day's rest before facing the Suns on Thursday.

Having struggled much of the season when playing on consecutive nights, the Spurs were thankful they didn't have to board a plane following Monday's victory over the Lakers. Apparently, even the 40-minute bus ride from their Santa Monica hotel proved too exhausting.

Led by Elton Brand's 30 points, the Clippers overwhelmed the Spurs in the second half, which was not unlike what the Spurs did to Los Angeles' Other Team one night earlier.

After matching a franchise record with 10 second-half 3-pointers against the Lakers, the Spurs went 5 of 17 behind the arc Tuesday. The Clippers, meanwhile, shot 59 percent in the second half.

“They were solid all along,” said Tim Duncan, who had 16 points, seven rebounds and seven assists while spending much of the night with foul trouble. “That's kind of what killed us.

“We fought the whole way through, but they made shots when they needed to, made stops when they needed to. They just played better than us.”

The loss dropped the Spurs into a tie with Dallas atop the West and gave them further incentive to finish first in the conference. If the playoffs started today, they would face the Lakers as the top seed. If they slip to No..4, they would draw the Clippers.

Before the game, Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy didn't sound too eager for such a matchup, either.

“They have all the components,” Dunleavy said of the Spurs. “Their Christmas list was answered. They've got a major low-post game. They've got a major penetrating point guard. They have all kinds of outside 3-point shooting.

“What else is there to want?”

Dunleavy also could have been describing his own team. Center Chris Kaman and Brand, who, in a sign of things to come, opened the game with a turnover over Duncan's head, provided a formidable tandem inside. Point guard Sam Cassell scored 12 of his 15 points in the second half while also distributing 11 assists.

One night after leaving early when Lakers point guard Smush Parker poked him in the right eye, Duncan was back on the floor, albeit without the pirate eye patch he had hoped to wear. Staying on the court proved more difficult.

The Clippers surged in front after Duncan went to the bench with 5:46 left in the third quarter after picking up his fourth foul on a charge call. Cassell, who had scored only three points in the first half, began to bully the Spurs' guards in the post. Brand tacked on another eight points to his total.

“It seemed like he didn't miss a shot,” Duncan said of Brand, who went 12 of 24.

After Vladimir Radmanovic drilled a 3-pointer on the opening possession of the fourth quarter, the Spurs were in a 72-59 hole. They made a late run, drawing within nine, but Tony Parker stepped out of bounds and the crowd started to file out the exits.

Duncan spent the final 7 minutes, 16 seconds of the second quarter on the bench after collecting his third foul. The Clippers failed to take advantage of his absence, and the Spurs went into halftime with a 43-42 lead.

That was a small victory in itself. In addition to playing without Duncan for much of the second quarter, the Spurs spotted the Clippers the game's first 10 points and attempted only three free throws to the Clippers' 19.

Dunleavy made containing Parker the top priority of his defense. Six-foot-six swingman Quinton Ross, Los Angeles' top perimeter defender, opened the game on Parker and 6-7 backup point guard Shaun Livingston also guarded him.

Parker missed five of his first six shots but played better in the second half, finishing with 20 points. Against the Lakers, that might have been good enough.

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-10 20:27 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-08 17:19  #6
Young

tinysands的头像

Spurs notebook: Clippers' upswing starts with defense

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030806.5C.BKNspurs.notebook.3dc35b0.html

Web Posted: 03/08/2006 02:12 AM CST

Johnny Ludden

LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Clippers have the Western Conference's fourth-best record after Tuesday night's victory over the Spurs, and it isn't hard to see why.

Elton Brand is enjoying an MVP-worthy season. Sam Cassell has provided some veteran leadership. And the Clippers are much improved defensively.

Last week, Los Angeles held New Orleans to an NBA-record low 16 points in the second half. For the season, the Clippers are holding teams to 42.9 percent shooting, the third-lowest mark in the league.

“My main emphasis has always been on the defensive end of the court,” Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. “If you really want to be a team that can contend, you have to be able to defend. It takes time to come in and get guys to understand different formations on the floor and react to them.”

“The first year, we made more mistakes. Last year, we made less mistakes. This year, we're making fewer mistakes. That translates into progress.”

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has noticed.

“This year, they're one of the top three, four defensive teams, statistically,” Popovich said. “That's a huge, huge change.

“They've bought in. Mike's got his system in, and they've been persistent about it.”

Horry in, Van Exel out: Robert Horry was back in uniform Tuesday, and Nick Van Exel went back on the inactive list.

For the second time in three games, Van Exel's left elbow was too sore to allow him to play.

Although Popovich said Monday he figures Van Exel would be in and out of the lineup for the remainder of the season, he had planned to play him against the Clippers.

Van Exel had five points and two assists in 15 minutes Monday against the Lakers.

Horry, meanwhile, returned from a two-game suspension for grabbing the arm of official Dick Bavetta and making as if he were going to bite Dallas guard Jerry Stackhouse during the Spurs' victory over the Mav8ericks on Thursday.

Screen envy: Dunleavy thinks the Spurs are among the best at disguising illegal screens they set in pick-and-roll situations.

“They make it look like they're stepping in for an offensive play or something, but really they're trying to hold the rotators from getting to them,” Dunleavy said. “I've seen it get called one out of seven, eight times probably.”

Dunleavy sounded like he was complimenting the Spurs more than criticizing them.

“It's something you can learn from,” he said. “There are certain teams who do it well and get away with it.”

Dunleavy said it's the responsibility of the opposing team to make the officiating crew aware of illegal screens.

“If you're not in foul trouble, take a guy and just shove him through the play,” Dunleavy said. “That tells the referee, ‘If you're not going to call it, then I have to do this.'

“It brings more attention to it.”

Less than a minute into Tuesday's second quarter, Duncan was complaining about illegal screens.

Bad trend for Lakers: The Lakers are 0-6 against the Spurs since trading Shaquille O'Neal to Miami, though that doesn't seem to worry Phil Jackson. When asked if facing the Spurs in the first round of the playoffs would be daunting, the Lakers' coach said, “No. Not at all.”

Briefly: The seven free throws the Spurs attempted Monday against the Lakers was a season low, one more than they shot against Cleveland on Nov. 4.

..... The Lakers have Jack Nicholson. The Clippers? Actor and comedian Billy Crystal, who sat courtside Tuesday.

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-12 12:27 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-08 17:41  #7
<_^
板凳

加入日期: 2005-01-07
帖子: 733
现金: 149 盾

060308 Spurs@Clippers Gamer

Clippers roll over champs

Web Posted: 03/08/2006 02:08 AM CST
Johnny Ludden

LOS ANGELES — Such is the state of Los Angeles basketball these days: You can beat Kobe Bryant's Lakers and return to the Staples Center one night later to discover you have to play the varsity.

With a 98-85 loss to the Clippers on Tuesday evening, the Spurs learned why Billy Crystal, not Jack Nicholson, now has courtside seats for the city's best NBA team.

Unable to complete an L.A. sweep, the Spurs jetted to Phoenix, where they will take a day's rest before facing the Suns on Thursday.

Having struggled much of the season when playing on consecutive nights, the Spurs were thankful they didn't have to board a plane following Monday's victory over the Lakers. Apparently, even the 40-minute bus ride from their Santa Monica hotel proved too exhausting.

Led by Elton Brand's 30 points, the Clippers overwhelmed the Spurs in the second half, which was not unlike what the Spurs did to Los Angeles' Other Team one night earlier.

After matching a franchise record with 10 second-half 3-pointers against the Lakers, the Spurs went 5 of 17 behind the arc Tuesday. The Clippers, meanwhile, shot 59 percent in the second half.

“They were solid all along,” said Tim Duncan, who had 16 points, seven rebounds and seven assists while spending much of the night with foul trouble. “That's kind of what killed us.

“We fought the whole way through, but they made shots when they needed to, made stops when they needed to. They just played better than us.”

The loss dropped the Spurs into a tie with Dallas atop the West and gave them further incentive to finish first in the conference. If the playoffs started today, they would face the Lakers as the top seed. If they slip to No..4, they would draw the Clippers.

Before the game, Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy didn't sound too eager for such a matchup, either.

“They have all the components,” Dunleavy said of the Spurs. “Their Christmas list was answered. They've got a major low-post game. They've got a major penetrating point guard. They have all kinds of outside 3-point shooting.

“What else is there to want?”

Dunleavy also could have been describing his own team. Center Chris Kaman and Brand, who, in a sign of things to come, opened the game with a turnover over Duncan's head, provided a formidable tandem inside. Point guard Sam Cassell scored 12 of his 15 points in the second half while also distributing 11 assists.

One night after leaving early when Lakers point guard Smush Parker poked him in the right eye, Duncan was back on the floor, albeit without the pirate eye patch he had hoped to wear. Staying on the court proved more difficult.

The Clippers surged in front after Duncan went to the bench with 5:46 left in the third quarter after picking up his fourth foul on a charge call. Cassell, who had scored only three points in the first half, began to bully the Spurs' guards in the post. Brand tacked on another eight points to his total.

“It seemed like he didn't miss a shot,” Duncan said of Brand, who went 12 of 24.

After Vladimir Radmanovic drilled a 3-pointer on the opening possession of the fourth quarter, the Spurs were in a 72-59 hole. They made a late run, drawing within nine, but Tony Parker stepped out of bounds and the crowd started to file out the exits.

Duncan spent the final 7 minutes, 16 seconds of the second quarter on the bench after collecting his third foul. The Clippers failed to take advantage of his absence, and the Spurs went into halftime with a 43-42 lead.

That was a small victory in itself. In addition to playing without Duncan for much of the second quarter, the Spurs spotted the Clippers the game's first 10 points and attempted only three free throws to the Clippers' 19.

Dunleavy made containing Parker the top priority of his defense. Six-foot-six swingman Quinton Ross, Los Angeles' top perimeter defender, opened the game on Parker and 6-7 backup point guard Shaun Livingston also guarded him.

Parker missed five of his first six shots but played better in the second half, finishing with 20 points. Against the Lakers, that might have been good enough.

jludden@express-news.net

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030806.1C.BKNspurs.clippers.gamer.3d89b1f.html
 2006-03-08 19:43  #8
Young

tinysands的头像

A Closer Look: Mailbag Inbox

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/presti_060301.html

by Sam Presti, Spurs Assistant G.M.
March 1, 2006

Q: Hi my name is Onur. I'm from Turkey and I'm 15 years old. I think that Spurs is the top franchise in NBA and I never miss Spurs games. Timothy Duncan is my favorite player too. My question is scouting. Are Spurs scouts searching Turkey ? Thank for your time.

-Onur

SP: Thanks for taking the time to write. The answer is yes, our scouting process takes us to many different international locations and Turkey is of course one of them… Basketball has become a global sport and as a result NBA teams have had to account for this growth in their scouting departments. It is not uncommon to run into as many NBA Scouts at a game in Moscow as you would at an NCAA game nowadays…

On a side note, I may be heading to Izmir later this summer. I have heard it is a beautiful place and look forward to learning more about it…

Q: Is the coaching staff at all concerned with the fact that most of the Spurs losses this year are the second game of 2 days 2 games back to back? Since many of the playoff games are back to back like this I think it is something that needs to be addressed.

-Philip Vick

SP: You make an interesting observation on the impact of “back to backs” in the NBA. Between the physical rigors of the game and the travel demands of the NBA, these parts of the schedule are a challenge for everyone. As I write this, we are 4 and 6 in the second games of back to backs this year, that ranks 13th in the league at present. Over the last 5 years we have been better, having won 66% of our games on the tail end of back-to-backs, the league average during this period is 43%. We will need to pick it up down the line to maintain this level of consistency…

Our overall back-to-back record is a real credit to our Strength and Medical staffs.

Will Sevening and Chad Bergman, our trainers, along with Mike Brunghardt and Chris White, our strength coaches, do a wonderful job of researching various physical recovery and conditioning methods. Being that the season is so long, finding new and innovative ways to keep our team fresh is a constant focus of our program. Both Will and Mike lead the charge in those areas…

In terms of back-to-backs in the playoffs, the format is actually set up so teams are not playing back-to-back games in the post-season. I believe the last back-to-back post season game we played was in 1999…

Q: Where is Sean Elliott? been missing him on the broadcast team. he is an asset in making me feel apart of the Spurs team. i hope his health is good. looking forward to any information.

go spurs.
B-,

SP: Thanks for the question, and I have good news for you. Sean is on board to do all but one game of our local broadcasts remaining. He’s a great asset to the organization, and a very talented TV personality as well.

Q: First of all I'm a huge Spurs fan and I live in California I have the opportunity to go see the Spurs vs. the Clippers on March 7th when they come out to L.A. and I can't wait. I dont miss a game on T.V. My question is how much of a challenge has it been getting the new guys into buying the system that is the Spurs? They seems to be doing a heck of a job and I only hope that we can repeat as champions this year. Keep up the good work.

Go Spurs Go,
Jason Herron CA

SP: Thanks for your loyal support of our team, and make sure to cheer loud on the 7th as that will be the second game of a back-to-back…

To answer your question, our news guys have been great. Pop and the coaches do a wonderful job of communicating the system and defining roles. Another huge assist in helping guys make the transition into the Silver and Black is our returning core. Tim, Manu, Tony, Bruce etc…, combine for some serious “corporate knowledge” and serve as great resources to the new guys. As we discussed in the RRT Blog, finding an on-court rhythm is a process, it takes minutes, mistakes and successes to build the “habits” we strive to develop come play-off time.

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-10 20:28 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-09 14:43  #9
Young

tinysands的头像

Spurs' Parker taking valuable steps

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA030906.1C.BKNspurs.parker.3f1a40a.html

Web Posted: 03/09/2006 12:00 AM CST

Johnny Ludden

PHOENIX — Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, without hesitation, ticked off the names of this season's top MVP candidates.

Steve Nash. Dirk Nowitzki. Elton Brand was already having a phenomenal season, Popovich said, before he scored 30 points against the Spurs on Tuesday night.

Chauncey Billups merits consideration because of Detroit's success. Kobe Bryant's nightly 40-point performances have vaulted him into the race.

But mention the most consistent player on the team holding the Western Conference's top seed, and Popovich pauses.

Tony Parker for MVP? Not yet, said his coach.

"I think if something like that should happen for Tony, it's down the road," Popovich said. "He was an All-Star this season, and that's quite a leap.

"Sometimes you don't want to bite off more than you can chew too quickly."

Depending on the health of the league's reigning MVP, Parker could have plenty to chew on tonight when the Spurs visit US Airways Center in a rematch of last season's Western Conference finals. Nash sprained his right ankle in Monday's victory over New Orleans and didn't practice Wednesday. His availability for tonight, according to Suns officials, will be a game-time decision.

Regardless, Parker thinks Nash has played well enough to repeat as MVP. With Amare Stoudemire sidelined all season after knee surgery, Phoenix's point guard has kept the team near the top of the West.

The Suns have won 11 games in a row and trail the Spurs and Dallas, whom they beat Sunday, by four losses. With two games left against the Spurs and one against the Mavericks, Phoenix still has a chance to catch one, if not both.

Of late, Nash and his teammates have left most opponents struggling to match their relentless pace. Nowitzki, the Dallas forward, on Sunday compared a game against the Suns to the equivalent of running eight miles.

After Tuesday's 98-85 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers, the Spurs said the best way to prepare for tonight was to get some rest.

"It's a big game for us," Tim Duncan said. "We'll come back a little more energized and ready to go."

They'll need to be. Phoenix again leads the league in scoring, averaging 108.1 points, despite being on pace to shoot fewer free throws than any other NBA team ever. Nash has scored a career-best 19.4 points per game — almost four better than last season — and could become the first player since Magic Johnson in 1991 to average at least 19 points and 11 assists.

"He's playing unbelievable," Parker said. "He's the key of that team."

Parker has inspired similar comments this season.

Tuesday, Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy did what an increasing number of peers have done by making Parker the top defensive priority. Dunleavy assigned two long defenders — swingman Quinton Ross and point guard Shaun Livingston — to shadow Parker, and he had the Clippers' big men clog the lane when Parker came off screens.

Parker missed five of his first six shots before settling down. He buried four midrange jumpers — moments after a fan stood up and yelled, "Parker, you know you don't have a jump shot!" — before finishing with 20 points.

The Suns used a similar strategy against Parker in the teams' last meeting, having 6-foot-7 forward Shawn Marion guard him. Parker finished with 18 points on 9-of-19 shooting, but he also committed six turnovers and fouled out, the result of trying to penetrate inside when there was no room.

Parker said he's trying to balance his aggressiveness with the need to trust his teammates. The Spurs are 10-1 this season when he's had at least eight assists.

"That process takes a little bit of time, but he's moving along very quickly and trying to be just as good a distributor as he is a scorer," Popovich said. "That's where he made his largest stride this season."

Parker has tried to use Nash as a model, though the two have different styles. Whereas Parker uses his quickness to get to the rim, Nash slithers his way into the lane before pivoting or faking to create an open shot for himself or a teammate. Nash also is a much better perimeter shooter and one of the best at being able to dictate pace.

"I think he's the best point guard in the NBA," Parker said of Nash. "He's a good example for me."

So, for now, any MVP talk can wait.

"Let's let Tony settle into what he's doing now and become great at it," Popovich said. "He can worry about that kind of stuff in the future."

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-12 12:27 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-10 15:45  #10
Young

tinysands的头像

时间限制:2天

Spurs pass easy test

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031006.1D.BKNspurs.suns.metro.9bcd66e.html

Web Posted: 03/10/2006 01:13 AM CST

Johnny Ludden

PHOENIX — About an hour before Thursday night's tipoff, the Spurs learned Phoenix would be without backup point guard Leandro Barbosa. A little more than 15 minutes later, they heard the man Barbosa backs up, Steve Nash, also wouldn't be playing.

So Spurs coach Gregg Popovich made like the locals: He walked up to Suns coach Mike D'Antoni at midcourt, tucked his hands under his arms and flapped.

The fun didn't stop there for the Spurs. Taking advantage of Phoenix's injury-riddled roster, they rolled to a 117-93 victory in the teams' second annual Chicken Dance at US Airways Center.

With Nash sidelined by a sprained right ankle, Tony Parker peppered the Suns for 29 points. Manu Ginobili continued his efficient shooting of the past three games, scoring 18 points on just eight shots.

The game came one year to the day after Tim Duncan and Ginobili didn't play here because of injuries. When the Spurs took the court that night, Suns owner Robert Sarver flapped his arms and shouted, "Chickens!"

Although Thursday's victory didn't tell the Spurs much about their chances should they meet the Suns in the Western Conference finals, they weren't complaining. Not with tonight bringing their fourth game in five nights and the Los Angeles Lakers already in San Antonio relaxing.

Bruce Bowen was the only Spurs starter to play more than 30 minutes. Brent Barry and Beno Udrih, who likely will back up Parker for the foreseeable future while Nick Van Exel rests his sore left elbow, each scored 13 points off the bench.

"Sometimes when a team is lacking their best players ... you can get overconfident, and the other team can step up and have a very emotional game," Ginobili said. "We really took care of business, and I'm proud of that."

D'Antoni has done a good job this season plugging the leaks in his roster, most notably the sizeable hole left by forward Amare Stoudemire, who has yet to play after undergoing surgery on his left knee in October. Phoenix carried an 11-game winning streak into Thursday and had only four more losses than either the Spurs or the Dallas Mavericks.

"Mike has done a good job of adjusting the talent," Popovich said. "He's created other situations that have to be guarded because the Steve-Amare thing isn't exactly there."

Unfortunately for the Suns, the "Steve-Amare thing" spent the evening in sport coats on the sideline. D'Antoni knew there was a chance Nash might not play after he sprained his right ankle Monday against New Orleans. He didn't know his backup also wouldn't be able to go.

A little more than an hour before the game, Barbosa complained of groin pain — enough so that the Suns took him to the hospital for tests. Nash, meanwhile, was testing his ankle on the arena's practice court.

As D'Antoni was updating reporters about Barbosa, the Suns' trainer popped his head into the room and announced Nash didn't look strong enough to play.

D'Antoni settled on using Raja Bell to initiate the offense. Of the five players Phoenix started, only Shawn Marion played in last season's conference finals.

As they did in their 91-86 victory over the Spurs on Jan.7, the Suns threw the 6-foot-7 Marion on Parker, hoping Marion's length would keep him out of the lane. But when Marion backed off, Parker simply buried jump shots over his head.

Parker made five midrange jumpers in the first quarter alone. After the Suns closed within 12 near the end of the third quarter, he buried another 17-footer — a promising sign for the Spurs considering more and more teams have started to use bigger defenders on their point guard.

"They just back off him because they know he's not going to shoot (3-pointers)," Popovich said. "It's part of his game he'll have to improve just like he's had to improve his midrange jump shot.

"Because of that, he hasn't allowed it to frustrate him. He's played the game, penetrated where he can, gotten the ball to his teammates, (and) picked and chosen his spots more in transition than in the halfcourt."

The Spurs pretty much picked and chose what they wanted. They made 12 of their first 15 shots and shot 71.4 percent in the opening quarter. Their 38 points were one shy of the most in any quarter this season.

At halftime, the Spurs had 64 points and only three turnovers.

When Phoenix beat the Spurs without Duncan and Ginobili last season, Sarver apparently thought Popovich held out his two stars on purpose to keep the Suns from gaining any confidence heading into the playoffs.

"Yeah," Popovich deadpanned, "that was all my psychological voodoo.

"I'm going to tell (D'Antoni), 'You can't do that. That's my ploy, not yours.'"

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-10 20:28 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-10 18:15  #11
大叔

邓不肯的头像

加入日期: 2005-01-10
帖子: 2947
现金: 72 盾
邓不肯 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛冠军

建议文章分类,已翻译、正翻译、未翻译,标题用不同颜色表示。如此一来,即使文章多如细沙,仍仍一目了然。
邓不肯离线中   引用
 2006-03-10 19:59  #12
Young

tinysands的头像

嗯,收到

这样吧,反正标注工地之后应该也还是比较清楚的,一般有时间限制的战报文章比较容易看是否有人已经开工了,而无时间限制的文章有人开工之后偶来标注一下颜色

Heaven in Hell
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-10 20:24  #13
Young

tinysands的头像

这样,今后这个招工帖中,红色标题的表示无人接手,接受招工,而蓝色标题的则表明已经有人开工了……

Heaven in Hell
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-11 14:29  #14
Young

tinysands的头像

长度:中等
难度:一般

Sapped Spurs stifled by Lakers

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031106.1C.BKNspurs.lakers.gamer.e705ee4.html

Web Posted: 03/11/2006 12:12 AM CST

Johnny Ludden

With four games in five nights having emptied their energy, along with much of their spirit, the Spurs ended their work week slumped in front of their lockers Friday night.

Unable, again, to find the juice needed to win on consecutive nights, they fell 100-92 to the Los Angeles Lakers, the same team they had buried four nights earlier. The loss was only the Spurs' fourth at the AT&T Center but eighth in the second game of a back-to-back.

The Spurs likely won't be asked to play on consecutive nights in the playoffs, but they didn't find that news heartening or even relevant.

"I can't understand it's just because it's a back-to-back," Manu Ginobili said. "Every team does them, and probably nobody is as bad as us. One guy can be tired. Two, maybe. But the whole team didn't play well today."

In beating the Spurs for the first time since Shaquille O'Neal was shipped to South Beach, the Lakers outscored them 56-26 in the paint. Kobe Bryant had 10 of his 29 points in the game's final 7 minutes, 18 seconds, turning back the Spurs with one circus shot after another.

Input File ContentThe given include file is empty.

Brent Barry scored a season-high 16 points, Gregg Popovich's vocal cords worked overtime, and just about everyone else looked in need of a long nap, most notably Tim Duncan, who spent much of the evening getting pushed around by Kwame Brown. Brown, who appeared to take a step forward from what Lakers coach Phil Jackson called "his juvenile delinquency," had 10 points and eight rebounds to Duncan's 12 and four.

In 12 games when he hasn't had a day to recover, Duncan is averaging 14.4 points on 38.8 percent shooting. Tony Parker also flat-lined with 10 points, 19 fewer than he scored against Phoenix one night earlier.

Both players, however, summoned the energy to leave the locker room without speaking to reporters.

"That's the attrition of the schedule in this league," Jackson said. "Playing back-to-backs like that can throw off a team.

"The Spurs are a strong team, with a deep bench, so this is still a good win for us and probably tough for them to digest."

The Spurs beat the Lakers 103-96 in Los Angeles on Monday, and they seemed to also catch a break Thursday night, routing Phoenix as only Bruce Bowen had to play more than 30 minutes. But for these Spurs, in this season, a little rest is as good as no rest.

The Spurs touched down at San Antonio International Airport around 3:30a.m., and they looked like they went straight from the tarmac to the court. They trailed 13-6 less than six minutes into the game, and Bryant had yet to take a shot.

The Spurs overtook the Lakers at the end of the first quarter when Beno Udrih provided a surge off the bench, but their energy emptied quickly again. Unable to keep Smush Parker from the rim and any of his teammates off the boards, the Spurs surrendered 11 unanswered points.

By then, Bryant had settled into a groove. He drilled a 22-footer over Bowen as the shot clock expired and drove inside for another basket. When he cold-heartedly stuck a 3-pointer with Ginobili in his face and 2:26 left in the first half, the Lakers' lead ballooned to 50-35.

At halftime, Duncan, Parker and Ginobili were a combined 4 of 16, the team was shooting 34.3 percent as a whole, and Los Angeles held a 23-16 rebounding edge.

"A lot of guys didn't play a lot of minutes last night, so just give L.A. credit," Bowen said. "They kicked our tails."

The Spurs showed more spunk in the second half, thanks largely to Barry. His aggressiveness helped narrow the Lakers' lead to 10 on three occasions early in the fourth quarter. Each time, however, the Lakers corralled an offensive rebound, the Spurs blew a defensive assignment or Bryant punctured their momentum himself.

After Michael Finley buried a 3-pointer to pull the Spurs within 86-75 with 5:35 left, Bryant answered with the shot of the night, drilling a 14-footer with two defenders in his face as he faded beyond the baseline.

"You think they're tough shots," Bowen said, "but he takes them so much, they're part of his repertoire."

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-11 16:28 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-11 16:27  #15
Young

tinysands的头像

长度:短
难度:小

Coyote Named Best Mascot of the Year

San Antonio, TX - (Mar. 10, 2006) - The San Antonio Spurs Coyote was named best mascot of the year, for 2005, by Gameops.com. The Spurs organization will present the award during the second time out of the first quarter at the Spurs vs. Rockets game at the AT&T Center, on Sunday, March 12 at 2:30 pm.

The Coyote has been the San Antonio Spurs’ mascot for 23 seasons, and is now one of the most recognizable faces of the organization. “We take a lot of pride in all areas of organization, including Game Operations,” said Don Costante, director of game operations and promotions for the San Antonio Spurs. “The Coyote is a big part of game presentation, so it means a lot to us that our mascot is deemed the #1 mascot of all sports.”

Gameops.com, a website created in 1998, serves major sports organizations both at the professional and collegiate level. The website offers suggestions for promotions, music and video features, as well as a full dictionary of industry terminology. The website is only one of two in the nation that offer yearly game operation awards. The Best Mascot award considers creativity, enthusiasm, and value to the community. Mascots from all levels and kinds of sports are eligible for the award. “The continued success of the Coyote character is a true testament to both the performers and the Spurs organization,” said Gameops.com. “The Coyote is a model program and a true legend in San Antonio.”

Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) work with three different mascots: The Spurs Coyote, Silver Stars Fox, and Rampage T-Bone. The Coyote appears at all 41 regular season home games each year, as well as all playoff games. In addition, makes nearly 400 community appearances every year. For more information about the Coyote and booking details, visit http://www.nba.com/spurs/mascot/coyotesden.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Was signed by the Spurs as a Flea Agent in June of 1983

-During the 2003-04 season appeared in 50 games - with 50 starts - averaging 29.9 guffaws and 11.8 chuckles per contest

-Was named the NBA's MVV (Most Valuable Varmint) for the twelfth time in his career(Tim Duncan, move over).

-Registered a career-high 1118 hugs vs. the Lakers on 12/17/97

-The only mascot in the NBA who growls at "The Mailman" every time he is in town

-Makes over 400 community appearances each year, averaging 19.8 rib-tickles per visit

-During the 1993-94 season became the first mascot in NBA history to dunk both a basketball and a doughnut in a single game
-Full name is ENTERTAINUS CARNIVOROUS
-Single, but is considering Animal Husbandry
-Graduated from ACME University with hors d'oeuvres

-Favorite food is Roadrunner under glass, but admits a weakness for Fried San Diego Chicken
-Recently was cast in the lead role in the movie Lord of the Rings, but eventually lost the part to Elijah Wood after it was discovered that The Coyote had no ring finger

-Seen talking with the Disney people about "THE COYOTE KING 2 1/2"
-Would love to have Lassie over "for lunch" someday
-Favorite musical group is Los Lobos
-Spends his free time watching the Fox Network
-Admits living in "Bexar" County scares him.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/mascot/coyote_bio.html

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-13 22:42 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-12 13:24  #16
Young

tinysands的头像

难度:小

Changing of the guards?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkXN2d9eZZDfgKJJV.T4JQG8vLYF?slug=sk-nashparker031006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

PHOENIX – After watching the San Antonio Spurs dismantle the Phoenix Suns 117-93 on Thursday night, two things were clear to me: One, Steve Nash is this season's Most Valuable Player, and two, Tony Parker may win the award in the future.

Nash's absence (due to a sprained ankle) changed the entire complexion of Phoenix's team, and it served as a reminder that Nash indeed makes every one on his team infinitely better. Without him, the Suns couldn't sustain the relentless pressure they normally put on their opponents because each player had to take on more responsibility.

Shawn Marion didn't shake free for easy hoops around the basket. Eddie House found his jump shots harder to come by. Boris Diaw became the sole playmaker and suddenly saw more attention from the defense. Phoenix went from a free-wheeling offensive juggernaut to a rudderless ship trying to steer itself to safety.

Parker, meanwhile, continued his sizzling play with a remarkable display of perimeter shooting.

Though he ranks second in the NBA in field-goal percentage at 55 percent, most of Parker's shots have been taken in the paint. The Suns decided to guard him with Marion, the idea being to close off the lane and force Parker into jump shots. Marion's job was also to leave Parker and double-team Tim Duncan each time San Antonio's big man caught the ball on the block. The Los Angeles Clippers had some success with a similar strategy Tuesday night in L.A., using lengthy players like Quinton Ross and Shawn Livingston to play off of Parker and keep him on the perimeter.

The first part of Mike D'Antoni's plan worked – Marion kept Parker out of the lane – but what D'Antoni didn't count on was Parker making jump shot after jump shot.

Parker's marksmanship was just another example of his progress with shooting coach Chip Engelland, whom the Spurs hired this season specifically to work with Parker. Engelland adjusted Parker's thumb placement on the ball, getting him to widen the right thumb in order to get a better grip on the ball and to ensure that the release of the shot comes off his middle and forefingers. In the past, Parker's narrow hand placement led to the ball sliding off his outside fingers, which caused much of his inconsistency.

Engelland estimates that Parker's production from a revamped shot won't really blossom for a year or so, but in the meantime his improvement is apparent. Parker has also gotten smarter, using better shot selection to increase his field-goal percentage. After averaging close to 200 three-point attempts his first four years in the league, he has taken just 26 threes all season.

Parker now realizes that he is so fast and so adept at finishing in the lane that he doesn't ever have to take a shot outside 18 feet. But with more and more teams forcing him to make shots from the outside by packing the paint, Parker's improved shooting is imperative for the Spurs. When he begins to consistently make shots from the perimeter, as he did against the Suns, he will be virtually impossible to guard. And the Spurs will be very tough to beat.

So while Nash is the frontrunner to win the MVP award this season for his work in leading the Suns, his counterpart in San Antonio has the look of a future Most Valuable Player. And in all likelihood, if Phoenix plays the Spurs in the playoffs, the performances of each point guard will be the key to which team wins the series.

Steve Kerr is Yahoo! Sports' NBA analyst. Send him a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Updated on Friday, Mar 10, 2006 2:01 pm EST

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-12 15:29 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-12 15:31  #17
Young

tinysands的头像

Spurs' response to their recent struggles: tough luck

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031206.1C.BKNspurs.rockets.2b88f81.html

Web Posted: 03/12/2006 12:00 AM CST

Johnny Ludden

As news filtered through the locker room late Friday that Houston's Tracy McGrady might not play again until the final week of the regular season, the Spurs said all the right things.

They talked about how McGrady's latest back injury is an unfortunate break for the Rockets, who are trying to make a late surge toward the Western Conference's final playoff seed. They wished McGrady a quick recovery.

They also admitted their sympathy will disappear as soon as Houston steps onto the AT&T Center floor this afternoon without its fallen star.

"This league is about having blood in the water, and making sure your sharks swim around that surface," Brent Barry said. "That's what we expect to do Sunday."

The Spurs played the roles of both predator and prey last week, naturally preferring the former over the latter. After taking advantage of the Steve Nash-less Phoenix Suns on Thursday, they couldn't keep pace with the Los Angeles Lakers one night later.

Friday's loss was the Spurs' second in three games with both coming at the end of a back-to-back. Eight of their 14 losses have come when they haven't had a day to rest.

After going 10-9 in the second game of back-to-backs last season, the Spurs have frequently shown their age — rather than their much-hyped depth — when playing on consecutive nights. That's not comforting news for a team trying to fight through one of the most hectic stretches of its schedule.

This afternoon's game will be the Spurs' sixth in 81/2 days. Coach Gregg Popovich let the players use Saturday to rest before making an appearance at the franchise's annual fund-raising banquet, curiously scheduled for the evening before an afternoon tipoff.

"These haven't been the best logistics for us," Popovich said. "But everybody has a tough schedule."

The Spurs actually have a schedule that is more favorable than many teams. They play only 16 back-to-backs, three fewer than they played last season and five fewer than the 21 Orlando has on its schedule.

Like Popovich, the players also refused to cite last week's four-games-in-five-nights stretch as an excuse for their troubles.

"Once you allow that stuff to seep in," Bruce Bowen said, "you start thinking, 'Oh man, that's a tough situation.' (Then) you've lost already."

Popovich will concede this much: Tim Duncan — and to a lesser extent Manu Ginobili — need as much time to recover as possible because of their injuries.

In the 12 games when he hasn't had a day to rest, Duncan is averaging 14.4 points on 38.8 percent shooting. In the Spurs' three previous afternoon starts, he averaged 14 points while shooting 39.1 percent.

Against the Lakers on Friday, Duncan totaled only 12 points and four rebounds. The Spurs were outscored 70-54 when he was on the floor, raising questions whether the team would be better off sitting him in the second game of its four remaining back-to-backs.

Still, the Spurs consider themselves deep enough to overcome the struggles of one or two players.

"We are a team of (13 players) and we lost eight back-to-backs?" Ginobili said. "It can't be that hard. The legs help, but it's in the head, too."

The Spurs admit they still have trouble maintaining the necessary night-to-night focus that comes with being the NBA's defending champions.

"The difference for us, and it's not an excuse, just reality, is that when teams play the Spurs it's a different game," Barry said. "We play a different schedule than everybody else — although Detroit is in that same mode — in that teams prepare. It's a big game, and people are excited when the Spurs come to town.

"The home team wants to beat the Spurs, feather in the cap, and all that stuff. So the level of the regular-season games we play is upped a bit, and it's up to us to respond to that."

The Rockets, of course, would love to trade their problems for those of the Spurs. Yao Ming missed 21 games to have surgery on his left big toe and McGrady has been in and out of the lineup all season because of back problems.

Houston had just begun to make a push toward the playoffs, winning seven of its past nine, when the team learned Friday that McGrady could be out up to five weeks after hurting his back in a fall against Portland. The Rockets are 2-13 without him this season.

"I can't allow that to take my edge off," Bowen said. "Whoever is going to play his spot, I have to look at them as I do him."

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-12 21:49 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-13 12:40  #18
Young

tinysands的头像

长度:长

注:Hollinger这厮难得的关于Spurs的一篇文章,还不错

Spurs unfazed by season of nagging injuries

http://www.nysun.com/article/28586

Spurs unfazed by season of nagging Injuries
by John Hollinger
March 6 2006
Too often, we measure the strength of a team by how well it does when everything is going right. The Golden State Warriors, for instance, look at last year's run after the Baron Davis trade - when their whole team was healthy and clicking - and think that's "normal" for them.

In truth, pro basketball teams are nearly always in a state of disrepair. Either somebody is hurt, or an important player is in a slump, or there's a rough patch of schedule, or something else is going on that keeps a team from reaching its peak. Only the rare exceptions (such as this year's Pistons) keep clicking for 82 games.

The real measure of a team is not how it does when all the stars are aligned, but rather how well it fares when it hits a few bumps in the road. That's why one key question I look at, when assessing championship contenders, is "How many things would have to go wrong for this team to no longer have a shot at the title?" Even for some of the league's best teams - Detroit, for example, or Phoenix - this number is surprisingly small.

But for the San Antonio Spurs, the number is very large indeed. The Spurs have had all kinds of things go wrong for them this year, yet here they are at 46-12. They're tied for the best record in the Western Conference after Thursday's key win over Dallas, and sit only one game behind Detroit in the loss column for the best record in the league.

In fact, this could be the best season in San Antonio's illustrious history. At their current pace, the Spurs would win a franchise-record 65 games - and even that may underestimate things. The Spurs have been picking up the pace of late, winning 25 of their past 30 games, and there's reason to believe they could perform even better down the stretch.

To see why, let's look at all the things that haven't gone San Antonio's way this season. We'll start with their best player, Tim Duncan.

Battling a persistent case of plantar fasciitis, Duncan hasn't been his usual dominant self, especially on offense. In the Spurs' 27 games since the start of the new year, he's broken the 20-point barrier only four times. His season scoring average of 19.1 is the lowest mark of his pro career, as are his 48.1% shooting and 2.1 blocks.

The good news, such as it is, is that it appears the injury isn't getting any worse. While it's painful and limits Duncan at times, he can stay on the court and may be able to improve his output once he gets used to his new limitations. However, chances are he won't be back at full strength until he gets a month or two to rest over the summer.

Then there's Manu Ginobili. The sparkplug behind San Antonio's championship run a year ago, Ginobili has been in and out of the lineup all season with a variety of injuries. His daring playing style probably contributes to this problem, because he's constantly drawing contact and contorting his body at odd angles to finish his drives.

At 28, Ginobili is at an age where many players of this type begin breaking down. While his overall output hasn't declined much, his availability has: Manu has missed 13 games this season and played sparingly in several others. Even when he plays, he's averaging two minutes per game fewer than a year ago.

Beyond the two stars, the Spurs' free agents have been disappointments too. San Antonio was overjoyed in the offseason to bring in two veteran warhorses to solidify the bench: Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel. With that duo firing away, the Spurs figured, their second unit would have more firepower than the previous season's mildly disappointing group.

It hasn't worked out that way. At 34, Van Exel is having his third straight poor shooting year and isn't creating shots with nearly the frequency he once did; put simply, he seems to have very little left in the tank. Finley, 33, hasn't fared much better, shooting a career low 39.4% and, like Van Exel, creating dramatically fewer opportunities than in previous seasons.

If all that isn't bad enough, the Spurs have worsened things with a few self-inflicted wounds. Until late February, they started Rasho Nesterovic ahead of the more productive Nazr Mohammed. And they have kept Finley and Van Exel in the rotation ahead of two players, Brent Barry and Beno Udrih, who have been more productive in their limited minutes.

That's a lot of wrongs, yet the 46-12 record it adds up to is very, very right. How have the Spurs done it? With one glaring exception to the everything went-wrong premise: Tony Parker. The blindingly fast Frenchman has put his career into another gear, becoming the Spurs' leading scorer (19.3 ppg) ahead of both Ginobili and Duncan while shooting a sizzling 55.0% from the floor.

The key for Parker has been the complete abandonment of his jump shot. A year ago Parker, took two 3-pointers per game but made only 27.6%. He also attempted a great many mid-range jumpers when defenders went under the screen against the pick-and-roll, and his accuracy wasn't much better. As a result, Parker wasn't useful as more than a third option behind Duncan and Ginobili.

This year, however, he's had a realization. Parker is so fast that even if a defender goes under the screen and tries to meet him on the other side, he can still get to that spot faster nine times out of 10 and either draw a foul or earn a lay-up. Thanks to his amazing jets, the 6-foot-2-inch, 177-pound Parker is one of the league's leaders in points in the paint.

In the bigger picture, the Spurs' success isn't just about Parker - it's about a team that accumulated so many assets that one or two of them were extremely likely to play at a high level. The decline of Duncan and the injuries to Ginobili would have been disastrous for teams lacking the secondary weapons to overcome such a huge loss. In San Antonio, however, Parker and others pick up the slack, and it ends up being a mere speed bump on the way to another successful season.

Thus, while Detroit's blistering start caught our attention and Dallas and Phoenix are writing amazing stories this season, San Antonio is quietly piling up wins despite injuries to its two best players. That, in a nutshell, is the difference between the Spurs and the rest of the league. Every other team enters the season hoping that if everything goes right, they'll contend for a title. The Spurs enter the season knowing that even if lots of things go wrong, they'll still contend for a title. And that's why, come June, the smart money is on San Antonio.

Mr. Hollinger is the author of the 2005–06 "Pro Basketball Forecast." He can be reached at jhollinger@nysun.com.

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-13 14:47 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-13 14:45  #19
Young

tinysands的头像

Spurs' Duncan rounding into form

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031306.5D.BKNspurs.duncan.813a4f0.html

Web Posted: 03/13/2006 12:00 AM CST

Mike Monroe

With Sunday's game against the Houston Rockets at the AT&T Center being the first of the final 20 games of the regular season for the Spurs, All-Star power forward Tim Duncan understands what he needs to do between now and when the playoffs begin in April.

"I'm just playing," Duncan said after scoring 20 points and grabbing 10 rebounds in the Spurs' 88-81 victory, "and trying to find my way back."

The place Duncan is trying to rediscover in a season spent battling pain in his right foot is the level that made him a first-team All-NBA selection in each of his first eight seasons. In each of those seasons, Duncan averaged no fewer than 20.3 points, but he entered Sunday's game averaging 18.8 points, second on the team to point guard Tony Parker.

Since the All-Star break, Duncan has looked more comfortable making the variety of moves in the low post that have characterized his play in seasons past. One Duncan spin move that produced a dunk and a seven-point lead in the third quarter was so quick it left the Rockets' Juwan Howard sitting on the court, looking up in amazement.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was happy to see some assertiveness from Duncan on Sunday. He also would like to see Duncan occasionally consider being a bit selfish.

"He's still so unselfish, to a fault," Popovich said. "We've got to get him to be a little more aggressive offensively."

Duncan confesses that lingering self-doubt about the reliability of his perimeter shot occasionally leads him to stall the Spurs' offense. He's not sure he agrees with Popovich that being unselfish is a fault.

"I don't know," Duncan said of the perimeter shots that sometimes turn into passes to teammates. "If it's there, it's there. I've been passing up a lot of shots, whether it be from lack of confidence in my shot right now, or whatever. I've been passing some wide-open jumpers that are stalling out the offense. In that respect, I need to take those shots, of course.

"I'm taking them when they're there. I don't think I've been shy to shoot the ball. Things just haven't been going down for me."

Shots were going down for Duncan early in Sunday's game. He made four of eight shots in the first quarter, scoring 10 points. However, he missed all five of his shots in the second period.

Duncan got his shooting rhythm back in the fourth period when he scored on three-straight Spurs possessions after the Rockets had trimmed a double-digit deficit to four points.

The first of the three baskets came after he rebounded Beno Udrih's missed free throw and fought through a block by Rockets' 7-foot-6 center Yao Ming, retrieving the ball and laying it in.

Duncan followed with another spin move on the low post for an easy basket, and punctuated his momentary domination with another dribble drive, hitting a 6-foot shot and drawing Yao's fourth personal foul.

The final basket put Duncan at 20 points, giving him only his second 20-point game since Jan. 28. It was, however, his second in March. He scored 22 against Portland on March 4.

"We did what we needed to do," Duncan said of the Spurs' performance on Sunday, which came after a Friday loss to the Lakers. "We had a letdown with the last game, the performances and the energy we didn't have in that game.

"We responded better in this one."

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-13 18:27 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用
 2006-03-13 14:49  #20
Young

tinysands的头像

Spurs notebook: Spurs might rest Duncan, Ginobili during back-to-back games

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031306.5D.BKNspurs.notebook.813a50d.html

Web Posted: 03/13/2006 12:00 AM CST

Johnny Ludden

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he will consider sitting Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in the second game of the team's four remaining back-to-backs if the players look fatigued.

"That's the classic dilemma: You want to keep going to win the division, but what's more important? Being healthy or winning the division?" Popovich said. "So each of those situations will have to be judged by how you think Timmy's body or Manu's body are."

Duncan has struggled when having to play on consecutive nights, averaging 14.4 points on 38.8-percent shooting in the second game of the team's 12 back-to-backs. His right foot feels better, but he looked particularly slow Friday against the Los Angeles Lakers, the Spurs' fourth game in five nights.

Popovich said Duncan's and Ginobili's "level of juice" will determine whether he decides to rest them. He's also concerned about making sure Robert Horry and Michael Finley are fresh for the playoffs.

Popovich isn't sure the Spurs' tight Southwest Division race with Dallas should be the team's priority. The winner will likely get the Western Conference's top playoff seed with the other team dropping to fourth.

"We've had the best record in the league and not gotten there (to the NBA Finals)," he said, "and not had home court and gotten there."

Making it too easy: Several Rockets said they were disappointed by defensive breakdowns in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game, when the Spurs finally started to penetrate and get easy shots around the rim. Forward Juwan Howard was especially upset about a play in which Ginobili drove down the lane for a dunk with just over a minute left.

"That's not allowed," Howard said. "Especially the way we play defense. We're supposed to cut off penetration and not allow them to lay the ball in. In that stretch, we did not."

Double trouble: Rockets center Yao Ming scored only eight of his 25 points in the second half, and he blamed the drop-off on the Spurs' aggressive double-teaming after the break.

"Usually, even when people come and double-team, I still can see what happens on the floor and find the open man," Yao said. "But (Sunday) in the second half, particularly with Bruce Bowen, his finger was almost in my eye. And I (couldn't) see. And I (couldn't) make quick decisions."

Size matters: Duncan was asked how it felt to go against the 7-foot-6, 310-pound Yao, who outweighed him by 50 pounds.

"Ask Nazr (Mohammed) that question," Duncan said. "He was the guy limping off the court after trying to slow him up."

Mohammed, the Spurs' starting center, gives up even more weight (60 pounds) to Yao than Duncan. Yao presents a big problem at both ends of the court, but Mohammed managed to get five shots in over him.

"You do have to get sort of creative," Mohammed said. "He's long, so you've got to try to out-quick him to the basket and sort of put him in jail so he can't use his length so much."

Missing McGrady: The Rockets are awaiting results of MRI tests taken on the back of All-Star forward Tracy McGrady.

Trainer Keith Jones said the results were sent to a specialist in California. Team doctors will consult in the next few days to determine treatment.

The Rockets believe McGrady will miss at least five weeks.

Heaven in Hell

此帖于 2006-03-13 15:47 被 tinysands 编辑.
tinysands离线中   引用

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启