2005-12-02 02:15  #1
<_^
板凳

加入日期: 2005-01-07
帖子: 733
现金: 149 盾
[收藏]Duncan自我剖析译文与原文

好像在哪里看到有人需要这个,Google了一下,网上流传的也不多(以前我们的主页上有),索性将原文与译文贴出来。

这篇是Tim Duncan在1999年月给Sports Magazine写的,原文标题为"The Psychoanalysis of Tim Duncan",贴在第二楼,Duncan亲笔写的……也就不需要链接地址了。译文(编译?)标题为<隐蔽在傻笑背后的是什么?>,因为是收藏的,译者以及原来的网址都找不到,所以没有链接。

如果可能的话,推荐大家也读一下原文。

译文:隐蔽在傻笑背后的是什么?

之所以提笔来撰写这篇小说,是为了满足那些探密者的好奇心。每当我客场作战到某个城市,或者在街上被球迷们疯狂地围截,人们总会穷追不舍,不厌其烦地询问我一个问题:你是一个心理学科专业的大学生毕业生,那能具体剖析一下此时此刻你的内心世界吗?面对着诸如此类的提问,我一概以憨憨傻笑代过。

因此当现在躺在自个儿家舒适的靠椅上,我想这是一个极好地展现蒂姆·邓肯真实面目的时刻。也许在此之前,你始终认为我是个带着虚伪面具示人,深不可测的人物,只会用迟钝本讷的表情掩示内心的某种心理波动,但如果我真的是将我的所思所想写下公开发表的话,你甚至可能会认为我神经有些问题。

好吧,现在就让我们开始吧:从每天清晨我睁开眼的那一刻起,我的脑子里就会被各种怪念头充斥着,而且从未停止过,直到再次合眼而眠。我说的是实话,如果你某天遇到我并同我打招呼时,见到我一副充耳不闻的模样,请原谅我。并非是我傲慢无礼,可能那时我正在倾听来自心灵深处的某种呼叫,哈,开个玩笑。不过,严肃地说,从小时懂事起,我就喜欢思考各种各样的问题,我喜欢思考。这也是我在威克森林大学选修心理学专业课程的原因。有很多时候,我就静坐在角落里,一动不动地痴痴呆想,我很喜欢脑子里内在动作的方式,渐渐地,我从自己思考问题转移到研究别人思考问题的方式,我也喜欢依据别人的表情判定他此刻的内在心理活动。同样,我对别人的感觉,以及别人对不同事物的不同反应都非常有兴趣。有时,我都感觉自己的想法过多。但每当任由自己的思想无拘无束地想像时,我总是可以轻松自由地分析解开思想上的各种疑团。

这么些年来,我从思考中获得的最大收获谋就是能够正视生活中意想不到的压力,并在它们面前保持处乱不惊的风度。每当马刺队的某位队员不能很好地融入全队的进攻,并表现出异常烦躁不安的情绪时,埃弗里·约翰逊就会拍拍队友的肩头,给他讲一个如何在比赛中放松情绪的故事。那也是在一次比赛的最后时刻,双方比分都咬得很紧。约翰逊在这紧急关头,接连两个球都没有投中。我走到他身边,拍拍他的后背,俯在耳边说:“嗨,伙计,平常你喜欢听哪种类型的流行音乐?”我还记得当时他脸上表情滑稽极了,他用一种简直难以置信的眼神叮着我,低声说:“天哪,你在说些什么,难道你以为现在我们是在歌厅欣赏音乐吗?”但随着马上明白了我的意思。他转怒为喜,“你说得对,这场比赛算不了什么,我们应该想想其它那些高兴的事儿。“最后的结果相信大家也都猜到了,卸下思想包袱的我们最终赢得了比赛。以后每当他向人们提起这件事时,总是开怀大笑。

没事儿的时候,我喜欢研究周围的人们,通过与他们交谈,发现他们人性中的优点和缺点,他们喜欢什么,不喜欢什么,我还会通过一些莫明奇妙的问题,控究人们的反应,尽管我在人们的眼中,一直都是以腼腆、文静的大男孩形象自居,但我的骨子里是很有幽默感的。举个例子吧,我常用一种严肃的语调向人们讲述一个非常滑稽的故事,当人们乐得前仰后合时,我仍是一种正襟危坐的模样。人生苦短,何必每天都用一出严肃的模样对待你周围的亲朋好友呢。

如今,这种心理控查也无时无刻不被我应用于赛场之中。上大学时,我的对手们一直怀疑我面部表情是否僵硬,因为我从不在赛场上流露出任何表情。我很喜欢这样的感觉。如果你常在不经意之间露出你的喜悦之情,那么势必也会在不知不觉之中把你的失望与沮丧透露给你的对手,一旦对手从你的脸上捕捉到这种表情,你就已经处于一种相当危险的境地了。对于这一点,我有足够的信心,我的对手们从来不晓得我的脑子里打的是什么主意,我猜想那些球迷们也绝不会明白。篮球运动就像是在下盘棋。你绝对不能将你的所思所想和你的下步棋毫无保留的泄露给你的对手,否则他绝对拥有置你于死地的本事。

篮球对某些运动员来说,也许是一种纯体育运动,对我则不然,我认为它是一项体力与脑力兼顾的高级运动。你不仅要从肉体上击败你的对手,更要从思想上彻底击挎他的意志。为了击败对手,我向来视篮球比赛为一项揣摩对手心理的过程。如果我在这次进攻中跳投得手的话,那下次当对手防我时,他一定会从上次跳投的角度上严密防守。而这回我却会用一个甚至几个假动作绕到对方身后,在他惊魂不定时我已飞扑至篮下,腾跃在所有球员之上,以一记三百六十度旋转扣篮结束这一气呵成的动作。

不知道你是否注意过这样一些人,当他们打球时,总是会在身体上的同一部位反复受伤,也许是膝盖或者是头部。不幸的是,我也是这群伤病号中的一员。在我看来,篮球场上那些拼打厮杀的人中很少有人像我这样鼠蹊部位受伤得如此频繁。我始终不清楚为会这部位的伤痛是如此青睐我,总是如影随形的陪伴我,想甩也甩不掉。对手们会在比赛中碰伤这个位置,队友们在日常的不经意之中也会伤到,甚至于连球场上裁判和球队的吉祥特也曾碰伤过。如果我因故不得不过早退役的话,那一定是拜它所赐。

一旦我伤病完全康复重返赛场时,人们总会告诉我说,我在赛场一看起来更加机警迅捷。曾有一位记者当面称赞我为NBA巨人球员中脚上功夫最为出色的人。他又接着询问我是不是因为跳舞跳得很棒,脚步才会如此轻盈迅速。但说老实话,我不仅对跳舞不感兴趣、甚至可以说是一窍不通。我所以能够在移动速度上取得突飞猛进的成果,还在于我的勤学苦练。我还记得这名记者曾夸我是一名敏捷灵活的小前锋,我想他一定是疏忽了,但我懒得告诉他,实际上我在场上的位置并不是强力前锋。也许是因为我长得比较高大的缘故,人们总是依据自己的判断妄下结论,其实我是一名组织后卫。只不过和其它同位置的球员相比,我的身材高一些而已。

我敢确信现在你一定认为我快要疯了。但我要告诉你,我很正常,要多正常有多正常。就像我曾经告诉过你的那样,我的脑子里总是充斥着各种各样稀奇古怪的想法,但你千万不要误以为是我从小受到不良教育的缘故。我拥有一个背景相当良好的家庭,在威克森林大学就读时,我结识了一群相当要好的朋友。来到马刺队之后,我也很适应这里的训练和生活。我在大学时最好的朋友马克·斯科特现在作我的经纪人,打理着我日常生活上的一切事宜。而我的新闻发言人罗恩·贝比,同时也是格兰特·希尔和尼基·麦克雷的全权发言人。丰富的社交经验使他可以从容地应付新闻界的棘手人物。我还拥有女友那挚热深切的爱情,她目前就读于威克森林大学,即将毕业。有她的陪伴,我才能镇静自若地应对生活中的各种困难而绝不退缩畏惧。如今的我拥有足够的亲情、友情、爱情,除了尽全力做到最好之外,别无选择。

如果非要我剖析一下自己的性格的话,那我只能说自己是一个寻常人装扮的小丑。我喜欢开玩笑,喜欢微笑,我也喜欢看到别人开朗的笑容。可能我有一点与众不同,那很好啊。有谁甘心让自己平庸地度过这一生呢?还在威克森林大学念书时,我就有这样一个习惯:剪掉我所有T恤衫的袖子,并且把我的短裤总是反过来穿。我猜测隐藏在灵魂深处的那个真实的我也是极期渴望一种特立独行的本性。我在大学时代的教练杰里·温怀特颇为赞同我的观点。一天当他发现我又以这种奇装异服的样子出现在训练场地上,他突然说,为什么我们不创出一款新式品牌,让它完全打破过去那种传统的既定模式,在设计上把各种出其不意的瑕疵堂而皇之地呈现出来。比如说,你新买的这条裤子一条腿长,一条腿短;或者你买回家的另一条裤子在冼过一次之后,裤子的颜色由黑色变成了粉色;又或者这次你买的裤子从外观上并没有什么不妥,但在你脱下裤子之后,却发现它将你的皮肤染成了绛紫色。诸如此类的奇思妙想往往会逗得我们哈哈大笑起来,而不管旁人如何莫名奇妙地瞪着我们。

你看看,为了扭转大家对我这种性格木讷的印象,我已经和盘托出了许多不为人所知的故事,只是想让大家了解其实我是个颇懂生活情趣的小伙子。也许有朝一日,我会像乔丹那样,拥有一个属于自己的服装品牌、鞋业品牌,或者是以我名字命名的香水、餐馆。看着吧,总有一天,我会实现这个愿望的。

好了,时间差不多了,我就此搁笔了,相信此刻大家都已对我有了一个较为初步的了解,也许还没有。但不管怎样,我是尽力了,爱怎么想那是你的事!

此帖于 2005-12-02 02:26 被 juncan 编辑.
<_^离线中   引用
 2005-12-02 02:17  #2
<_^
板凳

加入日期: 2005-01-07
帖子: 733
现金: 149 盾
The Psychoanalysis of Tim Duncan

The Psychoanalysis of Tim Duncan -- By Tim Duncan

For this story, the good people over at Sport asked me to psychoanalyze myself. So as I lay here on my comfortable couch at home, I thought it was time that I reveal who the real Tim Duncan was. On second thought, t think itd be safer to give you a slightly fictionalized versionthat way you won't think I'm too goofy, thus keeping my "dull" image intact (remember, I'm often told, you cant do those Nike and Pro Edge Gel commercial if you get too weirded out).

Ok, here goes: I've got a million things going on in my head at all times. There I said it. If you ever see me and think I'm being standoffish, please forgive me. I am just trying to listen to the inner voice that tortures me so.Just kidding. Seriously, in these moments, I am doing nothing but thinking. Sometimes thinking about nothing.

That is why I am a quiet person by nature. After all, it is difficult to think while talking, and close friends of mine will readily attest to that fact. But back to the psychoanalysis at hand, thats why I love being quietbecause I just love to think. I took up psychology in college at Wake forest for that very reason. Im not planning on opening up a practice anytime soon (although if this lockout lasts much longer it may not be too bad of an idea); I just love the inner workings of the mind. I was able to learn how people think and I really liked that. I was always interested in how people were feeling, how people would react to different thingswhat you could do to make them react in certain ways.

Sometimes I think I think way too much. If I let myself go unrestrained, I can easily overanalyze things. I can overthink things when things are happening good or bad. I can make It more than it is or I can make it less than it is, and sometimes its best just to leave it as it is.

Over the years, I've learned I actually like viewing pressure situations comically so that they don't stress me out. AJ (Avery Johnson, to those lost souls that don't follow the Spurs closely) likes to tell a story all the time about how we were involved in a close game. He missed two or three lay-ups in a row and was starting to stress out. I just came over and asked him something out of the bluesomething like, "What kind of music do you like to listen to?" He just looked at me real funny, like "What the heck are you talking about? Why isn't your mind on the game?" Then he looked at me, and I think he understood what I was saying. "Its not a big deal. It happened. Its gone. We can't change it now. Think about something else." He always tells people about that and laughs it off.

Right now, everything I am writing has a big restrainer on it. I do this for your sake. If I write everything down that I am thinking, then you make all think I have lost it.

You ever see the movie Good Will Hunting starring Matt Damon? Thats probably the best way to get a true psychoanalytical picture of me. I am just a taller, slightly less hyperactive version of the Damon character in that movie. I just enjoyed how he probed people and found out their weaknesseswhat they liked and didnt likejust by asking questions and saying outlandish random stuff, just to get a reaction. People expect me to be this shy, quiet type, so Ill ask them outlandish questions in a serious tone many times just to get a reaction. When people asked me when the lockout would end, I would whisper "February 10... but dont tell anybody." I just do goofy stuff like that simply to get a reaction. Life is too short to be serious all of the time. Not only that, but some of your best pranks can come when others think you are serious.

I try to take this mentallyprobing attitude on the court with me at all times. People in college thought I was lackadaisical because I didnt show emotion. They thought I was soft because I didn't yell with every rebound. Emotions must not always be shown, if you show excitement, then you may also show disappointment or frustration. If your opponent picks up on this frustration, you are at a disadvantage. I made sure my opponents didn't know what was going on in my head, I guess thats why the fans never knew either. Basketball is like a chess game, you cannot reveal all that you are thinking or you will be at a sizeable disadvantage to your opponent.

Basketball to some players is mainly a physical event, to me it is both physical and mental. You must not only conquer your opponents physically, you must also beat them mentally. You must at times out think them. I have to use my shot fakes and things that will work for me. In order to beat my opponent, I have to make basketball become a thinking mans game. I might take a jump shot this time, so that the next time, my opponent is looking for another jump shot. Thats where I then pump-fake him in the air and go around him to the basket where I use my incredible hops, jump over everyone and do a 360 slam dunk! (Sorry, got caught up in the moment, I meant I take one dribble and shoot a jump shot, although the 360 does sound cooler)

Have you ever noticed that some people while playing always seem to hit themselves in the same place? Whether it is they bang knees often, or they always seem to get hit in the head. Unfortunately, I have one of these problems, only I wish it were the knee or the head. Lucky me, it is a place in the middle of these two, that only males havegot it yet? Yes I get hit often in the gonads.

I don't know why I have this propensity, I just do. That is my major area of weakness. I dont know how this happens, I don't know why this happens, all I know is how frequently this seems to happen. It seems that nobody gets hit in the "groin", as many tend to call it, on a basketball court more than me. Opponents have hit me in games. Teammates have hit me in practice. Teammates, believe it or not, have even got me during games against other opponents. Everybody but the referee and the mascot have got me at some point or another (and if you see me retiring early, it'll probably be because one of the aforementioned finally got me). The amazing thing is that nobody has got me twice, with the exception of David, who seems to get me all the time. I don't know if its his arm length or what, but he sure does seem to have a knack at crippling me in that way. Everyone else in the league is pretty random. Whoever gets me gets me. I'm going to have to be the first NBA player to regularly wear a cup if this continues to happen.

When not writing in pain, people tell me I look pretty nimble on the basketball court. One reporter called me the Man of Many Moves, saying I had the best footwork of any NBA big man. He then asked if this was because I was a good dancer. I hated to disillusion the man, but I actually suck at dancing. I don't know why I can't, I just know that I can't. In basketball, I learned progression of moves just by doing different things. He said dancing was the same thin, but I sure don't see it that way.

Then I started to think of what the reporter had asked. I enjoyed the Man of Many Moves name, which he had administered to me. However, I feel this reporter may have been a little remiss. I hate to tell him, but I am no big man. This is merely where they believe I should play because I am tall. I am really a point guard; Im just a little bigger than everyone else is.

I'm sure that right now you are all thinking that I must be crazy. But, I assure you, I am normal, I told you I just am always thinking, sometimes about really crazy random things. But in all seriousness, it really should be difficult for me to be too strange. After all, a great family raised me. I had great friends, support and teaching at Wake forest. I came to a first-class organization in the Spurs family. My best friend from college, Marc Scott, is my business manager, handling my day-to-day operations. And my agent is an attorney by the name of Lon Babby, who also represents players such as Grant Hill and Nikki McCray. I have the loving support of my girlfriend who still attends Wake Forest and is nearing graduation. She helps me cope with the everyday rigors of being an NBA player.

I'm surrounded by nothing but great people. Ive been blessed with that, so really, I've got no choice but to be an all-around good person.

At this point, if I were to psychoanalyze myself, I'd have to say I am a clown, cleverly disguised as a regular person. I enjoy jokes, smiling, and making people smile. I may be a little different, but that's OK, who wants to be normal anyway?

In fact, its this "different" nature that will probably fuel my next endeavor, a clothing line bearing a new style for the new millenium. Its called Ultimate Rejects wear. Back at Wake Forest, I had a penchant (and still do to this day) of cutting off the sleeves of all my T-shirts and wearing my shorts backwards. I guess Ive always wanted to be an original. One of my former coaches in college, Jerry Wainwright, came up with the name. One day at Wake, we were just messing around, cutting my sleeves off everything when he came up with this brilliant idea. He thought we should start a line of clothes where you don't really know what youre gonna get when you buy it. You know a clothing line with surprise blemishes. You might, for instance, buy a pair of pants, and have one long leg and one short leg. Or you might buy another pair that turned pink after you washed it one time. Perhaps another time, you would notice nothing wrong with your pants until you took them off and discovered it dyed your skin purple.

We will have Ultimate Rejects wear in finer clothing stores any day now. We're still waiting for a patent to come through on our SuperShrinker solution that will actually shrink the clothes down eight sizes so that youre only able to wear them once. It might not be user-friendly, but at least it'll keep you coming back for more.

You see, in order to overcome my dull image, I've figured out that Ive got to start doing everything the way everybody else does. You know, "Be Like Mike" as our culture says. Michael Jordan rules our sports universe, so Ive to start adapting, so everyone can see just how exciting and eccentric I can be. Now do you see where I'm coming from? Michael has a clothing line (Brand Jordan), thus I will have a clothing line (Ultimate Rejects, maybe Nike will buy into it also). I'm still working on a special shoe (Another hint to Nike), aromatic cologne and a restaurant bearing my name, believe me I'm trying (OK, I'm not trying hardOK, not at all, but maybe one day).

All right, time's up. Now you know who I am or maybe you don't, you figure it out.

For a hardcopy of this article, pickup March 1999 issue of Sport Magazine.

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码关闭
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!