2009-10-27 23:29  #1

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
Bruno: TP's interview

It is an interview made by Olivier Pheulpin in the newspaper "L'Equipe":

Will Spurs be NBA champion this year?
I hope so. At least, we have the team to be it. Every year, a lot of teams are saying that their goal is to be champion but only 4 or 5 teams have the ability to win it all. This year, we belong to this group.

Wasn't it the case last year?
No. Lakers were way better than us. However, we really have this year the team to fight with them. They are still the favorites but we have a shot like Boston, Orland and Cleveland have.

Gregg Popovich has talking about resigning if Spurs weren't able to win it with this team. Even if he was joking, There are some pressure on the team. Do you feel it?
Sure, I do. The owner has spend a lot of money this year... The title will be won on details as each year but it's clear that our goal is to be champion and that the minimum is to reach the WCF. Popovich has said to us: "We have an opportunity to win it all and there aren't a lot in the life. Our last title was a very long time ago. The more you win, the more difficult it is. And this title will be really hard to get." He really want to win it all.

On the paper, is this team the best one you've played for?
We could say that if we won. We are fine and strong at every spot but we aren't the only ones to have a nice roster. Lakers and Celtics can say the same. To win a NBA title, you need more than 2 main players, you need 3 or 4 ones.

What do you think about the big moves of the summer: Shaq to Cleveland and Artest to Lakers?
As everyone else, I'm curious to see Shaq with Cleveland. I don't know how it will work with LeBron James. I think Artest will help a lot Lakers. He plays hard and defends. They are going to be even stronger. And even if there are some risks, they have the perfect coach to manage him. Phil Jackson has still coached Dennis Rodman... Artest will respect him.

For the fist time since you've played for Spurs, there will have a SF with offensive skills. What will it change?
We have a true SF. Bruce was very good but mainly on the defensive end. This year, with Jefferson, we have an athletic SF who can score and post up. To sum up, a true SF.

Will this addition changes a little your role?
No, it won't. Pop wants that I continue to play the same way. He wants that I'm aggressive and even more a leader. He asked me to announce the plays and that he will take a full rest. Now, don't expect some 30 or 40 points games this season. My role will be to make the team work. An with all the offensive options we have, we will share a lot the ball.

Will you increase you assists average per game?
Why not... My record is 6.9 per game. It will eb great to beat it and to add 18 or 19ppg at the same time. However, don't expect 10apg with our system.

How are your teammates?
Duncan is in shape. He is well rested as is Manu. I think that vintage Manu will be back and that he will make a huge season.

What about your French teammate, Ian Mahinmi?
It will be hard for Ian. There are so much depth in this team... On top of that, he hasn't played for one year. Honestly, I don't know if he will be able to succeed.

How do you judge your summer with the French national team?
It was a positive one even if I'm a little disappointed not to have won a medal. We have reached our goal by qualifying for the world championship. We have also progressed. Now, we have to continue and start won medals. We have a nice team. Noah and Pietrus will make us better.

How are you physically?
I'm fine. It's true that the summer has been long but I'm fine. I think that the season will be good. In any case, I'm ready.

2 years without a title, is it a little in your mind?
Yes, it is. It's great to say that you've won three times but the last one was a long time ago in 2007. To win one more time, even more to give 5 titles to Tim and Pop, would be awesome.

One more? The last one?
I think that we have a two years window. After that, Duncan will be 35-36 years old and we won't be able to keep Jefferson at $15M per year. And Manu is at the end of his contract. That's why we have to win now. Everybody knows it.

Manu will be a FA this summer. Your contract ends in two years. Do you think about that sometimes?
I'm feeling good here. For the moment, I don't think too much about it.

You've just moved into a sumptuous house in the hills. Could it be a factor to make your choice?
No. I want that Spurs give me what I've deserved. We will see if Tim continue to play and if Pop is still the coach. It's two things I will look at before making a choice. I will take my time to think at it.

So, without Pop, you'll leave the team?
If nobody is left in San Antonio, I rather go in another team to win another title. I don't want to rebuild with young players and do babysitting. I want to play to win titles. To have built the house of my dreams here doesn't count. I can go playing elsewhere during 5 years and be back here at the end of my career. With Eva, we want to live in San Antonio.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137653
Riverwalkman离线中   引用
 2009-10-28 20:37  #2
管理员

加入日期: 2004-04-25
帖子: 4429
现金: 40 盾
香瓜 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛第13名
回复: Bruno: TP's interview

引用:
On the paper, is this team the best one you've played for?
We could say that if we won. We are fine and strong at every spot but we aren't the only ones to have a nice roster. Lakers and Celtics can say the same. To win a NBA title, you need more than 2 main players, you need 3 or 4 ones.

这个和前几天 Simmons 的文章里提到的一样:https://www.chinaspurs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17835

其实我还没预感到这会是 TD 以来最强的球队……所以很期待新赛季……
香瓜离线中   引用
 2009-10-28 23:20  #3

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
回复: Bruno: TP's interview

引用:
作者 香瓜:
这个和前几天 Simmons 的文章里提到的一样:https://www.chinaspurs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17835

其实我还没预感到这会是 TD 以来最强的球队……所以很期待新赛季……

RJ来了后我就很有信心了,加上Dice和Blair,以及Hill的进步,我已经无法低调了。
Riverwalkman离线中   引用

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启