2008-10-16 19:23  #1
刺猬

秦七的头像

加入日期: 2007-08-05
帖子: 1836
现金: 1285 盾
10.16 Hill out, Parker back in at the point

Hill out, Parker back in at the point

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Hill_out_Parker_back_in_at_the_point.html

Web Posted: 10/16/2008 12:00 CDT
Mike Monroe - Express-News

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Condensation from hockey ice beneath the flooring adjacent to the basketball court had made the Spurs' egress from Gund Arena treacherous, but fear played no part in Tony Parker's reluctance to leave the court.

“Still some great memories in here for us,” said Parker, the last of the Spurs to traverse about 15 feet of slippery hardwood. “I love coming back here.”

Parker will be back in his customary starting point guard spot when the Spurs meet the Cleveland Cavaliers in the arena where Parker received his NBA Finals MVP trophy after the Spurs closed out a 4-0 sweep of the Cavs in the 2007 Finals.

Some minor soreness in his left Achilles' tendon kept Parker out of Tuesday's preseason game against the Detroit Pistons in Grand Rapids, Mich., but he is fit for tonight's contest.

Rookie point guard George Hill, who started in Parker's spot on Tuesday, won't be in uniform tonight and likely will miss at least one more preseason game with what Spurs coach Gregg Popovich called a badly sprained left thumb. A removable, padded splint protected Hill's thumb and wrist at Wednesday's practice.

Considering that Popovich had feared Hill's injury might be more serious, the fact the X-rays taken Wednesday morning showed neither a ligament tear nor a broken bone was relatively good news.

“It's a bad sprain,” Popovich said, “but no ligament damage or bone damage. He'll probably miss a couple games, but that's better than a cast and out for six weeks.”

Hill's rapid development through training camp and, more importantly, the first three games, had been one of the highlights of the preseason. The first-round draft pick from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis seemed poised to make good on Popovich's post-draft promise that he would immediately make the Spurs better, at both ends of the court.

“He's definitely played well,” said swingman Ime Udoka, who will get some more time at the point guard position tonight as Popovich limits the playing time of Parker and veteran Jacque Vaughn. “He's improved a lot, even from when I saw him playing this summer. From summer league, to working out with us after that and now in training camp, he's improving the whole time.”

Popovich also will use new Spur Roger Mason Jr. at the point tonight, preparing for the possibility Hill's injury might keep him sidelined into the first few days of the regular season, though the coach expressed full confidence in Vaughn as Parker's primary backup.

Giving Hill most of the playing time behind Parker, Popovich said, was no reflection on Vaughn, who he said has been one of the team's better players in the preseason. Just as he has limited the game time of his starters, he wants to be certain he doesn't overplay Vaughn in meaningless preseason games.

“He's been one of our best players in training camp,” Popovich said, “and I definitely don't want to overplay him. He's just very valuable, and he's been playing really well. He got his body in great shape this summer, and he came in ready to go.”

Notebook: Popovich plans to give Tim Duncan a regular season dose of playing time tonight. In the two games he has played thus far, Duncan has logged 35 minutes and 28 seconds. “Timmy will play the whole game (tonight),” Popovich said, “just to get him in shape and get his feel back. He'll probably play 30 minutes. I think Kurt (Thomas) is going to play, too. If he feels good (this) morning, we'll get him back in the flow.” ... Popovich may have Salim Stoudamire available for point-guard duty as well. Stoudamire has been frustrated by a strained right groin that has prevented him from participating fully in practices. “If it feels this good in the morning,” he said after practice, “I just might ask (Popovich) to let me suit up.”

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!