马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » [工地]A Closer Look: Mailbag Inbox

主题工具
 2006-03-10 18:51  #1
四年生~

kikikilian的头像

加入日期: 2005-09-09
帖子: 3886
现金: 75 盾
kikikilian 荣获 2005-06 Fantasy NBA ChinaSpurs 联赛亚军 kikikilian 荣获 2006-07 Fantasy Games Iceman 联盟冠军
[工地]A Closer Look: Mailbag Inbox

时间限制:无

A Closer Look: Mailbag Inbox

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/presti_060301.html

by Sam Presti, Spurs Assistant G.M.
March 1, 2006

Q: Hi my name is Onur. I'm from Turkey and I'm 15 years old. I think that Spurs is the top franchise in NBA and I never miss Spurs games. Timothy Duncan is my favorite player too. My question is scouting. Are Spurs scouts searching Turkey ? Thank for your time.

-Onur

SP: Thanks for taking the time to write. The answer is yes, our scouting process takes us to many different international locations and Turkey is of course one of them… Basketball has become a global sport and as a result NBA teams have had to account for this growth in their scouting departments. It is not uncommon to run into as many NBA Scouts at a game in Moscow as you would at an NCAA game nowadays…

On a side note, I may be heading to Izmir later this summer. I have heard it is a beautiful place and look forward to learning more about it…

Q: Is the coaching staff at all concerned with the fact that most of the Spurs losses this year are the second game of 2 days 2 games back to back? Since many of the playoff games are back to back like this I think it is something that needs to be addressed.

-Philip Vick

SP: You make an interesting observation on the impact of “back to backs” in the NBA. Between the physical rigors of the game and the travel demands of the NBA, these parts of the schedule are a challenge for everyone. As I write this, we are 4 and 6 in the second games of back to backs this year, that ranks 13th in the league at present. Over the last 5 years we have been better, having won 66% of our games on the tail end of back-to-backs, the league average during this period is 43%. We will need to pick it up down the line to maintain this level of consistency…

Our overall back-to-back record is a real credit to our Strength and Medical staffs.

Will Sevening and Chad Bergman, our trainers, along with Mike Brunghardt and Chris White, our strength coaches, do a wonderful job of researching various physical recovery and conditioning methods. Being that the season is so long, finding new and innovative ways to keep our team fresh is a constant focus of our program. Both Will and Mike lead the charge in those areas…

In terms of back-to-backs in the playoffs, the format is actually set up so teams are not playing back-to-back games in the post-season. I believe the last back-to-back post season game we played was in 1999…

Q: Where is Sean Elliott? been missing him on the broadcast team. he is an asset in making me feel apart of the Spurs team. i hope his health is good. looking forward to any information.

go spurs.
B-,

SP: Thanks for the question, and I have good news for you. Sean is on board to do all but one game of our local broadcasts remaining. He’s a great asset to the organization, and a very talented TV personality as well.

Q: First of all I'm a huge Spurs fan and I live in California I have the opportunity to go see the Spurs vs. the Clippers on March 7th when they come out to L.A. and I can't wait. I dont miss a game on T.V. My question is how much of a challenge has it been getting the new guys into buying the system that is the Spurs? They seems to be doing a heck of a job and I only hope that we can repeat as champions this year. Keep up the good work.

Go Spurs Go,
Jason Herron CA

SP: Thanks for your loyal support of our team, and make sure to cheer loud on the 7th as that will be the second game of a back-to-back…

To answer your question, our news guys have been great. Pop and the coaches do a wonderful job of communicating the system and defining roles. Another huge assist in helping guys make the transition into the Silver and Black is our returning core. Tim, Manu, Tony, Bruce etc…, combine for some serious “corporate knowledge” and serve as great resources to the new guys. As we discussed in the RRT Blog, finding an on-court rhythm is a process, it takes minutes, mistakes and successes to build the “habits” we strive to develop come play-off time.

無時限的較好
my niggas, we tha last ones left
but life goes on.....

[right]alwayz 2Pac[/right]
kikikilian离线中   引用

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启