加入日期: 2007-08-05
帖子: 1836
现金: 1285 盾
[10.17 @骑士]Duncan back in the swing of things

Duncan back in the swing of things

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/31147864.html

Web Posted: 10/17/2008 12:00 CDT
By Mike Monroe - Express-News

CLEVELAND — The discussion in the Spurs' locker room at Gund Arena before their preseason game against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Thursday night focused on football.

As Bruce Bowen, the Spurs' No. 1 Dallas Cowboys fan, weighed in on his favorite NFL team's recent trade for wide receiver Roy Williams, he stumbled trying to remember the names of two of the Cowboys receivers, referring to them only by their numbers, 84 and 19.

“You mean Patrick Crayton and Miles Austin,” said Tim Duncan, whose pro football allegiance is to the Chicago Bears. “Geez, Bruce, you've got to know your team better.”

The Spurs know this: No. 21 is still the most important number on their roster.

In his first extended stint of the preseason, Duncan put up the sort of numbers that have characterized his perennial All-Star and two-time MVP career. In 26 minutes he scored 16 points, on six of 10 shooting, and grabbed 13 rebounds, leading the Spurs to a 91-70 victory.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich had decided it was time for Duncan to begin getting into a regular-season rhythm. He had played only 36 minutes through the first three games, sitting one out altogether as Popovich evaluated younger, less-proven players trying to make the team.

Duncan was happy to show his coach his rhythm was back.

“It's about that time to start gearing it up a little bit,” Duncan said. “I know he's going to spread it out a little more and have people play different times, different games, different amounts. He wants to get Kurt (Thomas) back into the game a little bit and start getting him moving, and start getting the guys who are going to play together on the floor together a little bit. It's the time to start doing that.”

Cavaliers coach Mike Brown, a former Spurs assistant under Popovich, had his starting center, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, on the court most of the time Duncan played, providing a good test for both players.

“I'd rather play against him than any of their young guys,” Duncan said.

What Popovich saw from Duncan was precisely what he wanted to see: The inside presence that makes him one of the game's best post players, but also a willingness to look for his shots on the perimeter.

“He's looking for his offense and shooting the ball,” Popovich said. “We don't want him to be down on the block all the time. Get out on the court and make some shots. It's easier.”

In the final three games of the preseason, Popovich methodically will extend the playing time of all his veteran players, including Duncan.

“I wanted to get Tim into the third quarter tonight,” he said. “Next week we'll get him into the fourth quarter.”

Entering his 12th season, Duncan has learned to use the preseason for just what it is intended.

“Obviously, I've been through enough preseasons,” he said. “I want to get to the point when it starts counting. At the same time, you want to feel good going into the season, and luckily enough, 82 games gives you enough time to get yourself right. But you want to go into the season feeling like you've been in a game and you know what your body feels like.”

Duncan was joined in the starting lineup by veteran forward-center Kurt Thomas, playing for the first time this preseason after struggling with a strained left hamstring.

“It felt real good to be out there, running up and down with my teammates,” Thomas said. “I'm just trying to shake the rust off and get back in my own rhythm.”
 2008-10-17 18:15  #2
刺猬

秦七的头像

加入日期: 2007-08-05
帖子: 1836
现金: 1285 盾
[10.17 @骑士]Ginobili's rehabilitation allows him to run again

Ginobili's rehabilitation allows him to run again

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Ginobilis_rehabilitation_allows_him_to_run_again.html

Web Posted: 10/17/2008 12:00 CDT
By Mike Monroe - Express-News

CLEVELAND — Six weeks after having surgery to correct a posterior impingement on his left ankle, Spurs All-Star guard Manu Ginobili has begun running again, and enjoying every limited minute of it.

For now, it's a workout that most members of the local health club could handle, but Ginobili considers it a welcome step on his road to recovery.

“Mostly, I'm bored,” he said after watching his teammates run through their morning shootaround at Gund Arena to prepare for Thursday night's preseason game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, “but at least I'm running now. Just 15 minutes on the treadmill, but I'm very happy to be running.”

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said at the start of training camp that he expects his standout shooting guard to miss the first 20 to 25 games of the regular season. Ginobili said his ankle feels good, and he is confident the training and rehabilitation regimen prescribed by the team's medical and training staff will have him back on the court as soon as it is safe.

Dreading decision: Popovich rested Bruce Bowen, Fabricio Oberto and Ime Udoka on Thursday and got another long look at the young wing players trying to make his team, Malik Hairston, Devin Green and Desmon Farmer. Having said he would cut down his roster before Saturday's game against Indiana, he said all three have made his decision very difficult.

Hairston played almost 25 minutes in Thursday's game, scoring two points and grabbing four rebounds. Green played almost 26 minutes and scored eight points. Farmer played only eight minutes, 43 seconds and scored three points.

“I'm just dreading the decision I'm going to have to make at some point,” Popovich said, “because all three of them have played really well in a lot of different ways. They're all really fine young men, and it's really going to be a struggle to figure that out.”
 2008-10-21 12:58  #3
观众

加入日期: 2008-10-21
帖子: 40
现金: 0 盾
回复: [10.17 @骑士]Duncan back in the swing of things

能不能有点翻译,偶的英语不太好
terrylee_100离线中   引用

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题