马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » Spurs drag Parker back for exam

主题工具
 2009-08-01 23:33  #1

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
Spurs drag Parker back for exam

By Mike Monroe - Express-News Protecting their six-year, $66 million investment in Tony Parker, the Spurs on Friday summoned their point guard back to San Antonio so their medical staff can examine injuries Parker suffered a week ago in France.

Parker has been training with and competing forLes Bleus, the French national team, as they prepare for a six-team tournament that will determine the final qualifier for the European championships. The Eurobasket tournament is in Poland in September.

Parker collided with an Austrian player in a game in Strasbourg, France, on July 23, leaving the court on crutches after injuring both his right thigh and ankle. An MRI exam showed no ligament damage, but the Spurs this week requested Parker's return so they could perform their own tests.

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford, responding by text message to a question about the need for Parker to return to San Antonio, said the Spurs were “being cautious” with the three-time NBA All-Star, who led the Spurs in scoring in both the regular season (22.0 points per game) and playoffs (28.6).

Pointing out that the French team does not play again until Wednesday, when it takes on Italy as part of the Eurobasket play-in tournament, Buford said the tests, scheduled for today, will let the Spurs “know what we're dealing with.”

In a media release issued by the French team, Parker was quoted as saying he did not understand the Spurs' insistence that he return to San Antonio. Noting that a representative of the Spurs' training staff had been on the scene in France this week, he said he didn't like having to leave the national team.

“Honestly, I don't understand this decision, because of all the tests done with the French doctors and the Spurs,” Parker was quoted in the release. “I regret what is going on.

“I am obligated to follow what my (NBA) club wants me to do, but I hope to come back (to France) as soon as possible to participate in the qualification with the French national team.”

Parker has had previous ankle injuries, adding to the Spurs' concerns. In the summer of 2007, he sprained his left ankle while training with the French team, missing most of the preseason. He missed 13 regular-season games in 2007-08, all because of left ankle problems.

Last season, he sat out nine games over three weeks after suffering a sprained left ankle in the fifth game of the regular season, against Miami.

The 27-year-old guard has been relatively durable in his eight NBA seasons, playing 612 of 656 regular-season games.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_drag_Parker_back_for_exam.html

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!