马刺中文论坛
用户名 忘了密码?
密码 注册

马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » Ranking the NBA coaches: Phil Jackson at top, Randy Wittman at bottom

主题工具
 2008-07-19 22:27  #1

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
Ranking the NBA coaches: Phil Jackson at top, Randy Wittman at bottom

http://www.examiner.com/x-441-Golden-State-Warriors-Examiner~y2008m7d18-Ranking-the-NBA-coaches-Phil-Jackson-at-top-Randy-Wittman-at-bottom

POSTED July 18, 10:46 AM

Don Nelson; We'll put him No. 4 It never ceases to amaze me, the opinions about Don Nelson. Not only are there tons of opinions they tend to the extreme: Genius, snake oil salesman. I tilt significantly toward genius, if for no other reason than he was the guy who finally got the Warriors back into the playoffs.

It got me to thinking, so what better time than now to rate the NBA coaches. As you would figure, first-year coaches all rank near bottom because who knows?

1. Phil Jackson: Nine titles is it? The problem with not putting Jackson first is you can’t win an argument if you don’t.

2. Larry Brown: A significantly better tactician and strategist than Jackson. But Jackson gets the player-relating edge and title advantage.

3. Gregg Popovich: Considered putting him above Brown, and you could make the case he belongs there, but Tim Duncan and David Robinson deserve a lot of credit. Even Popovich might agree, but in any case No. 3 is pretty good.

4. Don Nelson: He’s obviously a great offensive coach, but also upper echelon when it comes to getting stars to play at their best. Clearly one of the game’s forward-thinkers.

5. Rick Adelman: I respect Adelman because he handled two brutal years in the Bay Area (home games in San Jose; practice at St. Mary’s auxiliary gym) like a grown-up. He’s had good talent, but he’s also let them play.

6. Jerry Sloan: For sheer longevity, Sloan has got to be near the top.

7. Eddie Jordan: One of the most underrated coaches in the league, Jordan has found a way to keep Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler on the same page. He should have never been fired in Sacramento.

8. Mike D’Antoni: After one year with the Knicks, he might be lower on the list, but until he becomes a worse coach by having to deal with Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford and whoever else is on New York’s roster, we’ll give him props for being one of the best offensive minds in the NBA.

9. Byron Scott: He is proof that you've got to stay open-minded about coaches. His reputation was shot after Jason Kidd and Baron Davis did their things. But one Chris Paul can make up for both. Maybe Scott knew Paul was the one _ not Kidd or Davis _ to hitch his wagon to.

10. Doc Rivers: He probably moved up six to eight spots at least because of Boston’s title. But the reason I won’t put him any higher is because I believe all the coaches above him would have won with the Celtics this year. The ones below … I’m not so sure.

11.Mike Dunleavy: Another underrated coach with an understanding of the pro game, a feel for how to deal with its star players and, perhaps more important in this business, staying power.

12. Scott Skiles: He’s prepared, disciplined and tough-minded, and when he gets a chance to set up shop, Skiles is a damn good coach.

13. George Karl: He seems to have lost a little bit off his fastball lately but that might simply be the result of having to coach players such as Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith and Allen Iverson.

14. Rick Carlisle: One of Carlisle’s strengths is an ability to discard any kind of outside distractions. It’s a good kind of tunnel vision and focus, but his impersonal style wears out in about three years.

15. Nate McMillan: He did a great job with Portland in 2007-08. By the end of 2008-09 he’ll either be much higher or much lower on this list … depending.

16. Mike Brown: He’s got a reputation for being a basketball mind, and he deserves credit for getting Cleveland to the Finals a year ago. But there’s not enough there.

17. Lawrence Frank: Give the kid credit. He’s been the coach since 2003, knows his X’s and O’s and is as competent as most on the sidelines.

18. Sam Mitchell: He’s learned to function on the hotseat.

19. Stan Van Gundy: He’s not bad, but he’s no Jeff.

20. Terry Porter: He didn’t make much of a mark in Milwaukee; he’ll get a chance with much more talent in Phoenix.

21. Maurice Cheeks: With the exception of last year’s second-half run by the 76ers, Cheeks hasn’t done much in his coaching career. Expectations are higher in Philly so Cheeks will get a more critical look.

22. Mike Woodson: Getting Atlanta into the playoffs in 2007-08 kept Woodson out of the bottom five.

23. Reggie Theus: Most are calling Theus’ first year in Sacramento a success. That is way premature.

24. P.J. Carlesimo: He’s gotten better when it comes to relating with players, but his offensive and defensive schemes are among the least creative in the league.

25. Marc Iavaroni: I have a soft spot for Iavaroni because I used to play pick-up basketball with him back in the day on the Jersey Shore. Weak, I know.

26. Michael Curry: Considering he was the NBA union rep, is it logical to surmise he’ll be a players’ coach?

27. Erik Spoelstra: By all indications he has Pat Riley’s work ethic. Good start.

28. Vinny Del Negro: He could be a little aloof and sure of himself as a player. If he’s that way as a coach, he’s going to struggle.

29. Jim O’Brien: Plain, inflexible and aloof is no way to go through an NBA coaching career.

30. Randy Wittman: There is nothing noteworthy on Wittman’s resume except perhaps that he has Kevin McHale listed among his references.
 2008-07-19 22:32  #2

回复: Ranking the NBA coaches: Phil Jackson at top, Randy Wittman at bottom

金州的网站出的,Pop第三,败将 Larry Brown 第二。
 2008-07-19 22:40  #3

Eddie Jordan怎么能到第7呢?甚至高于Rivers和Scott...还有掘金的Karl居然敢忝列前29...
 2008-07-19 22:50  #4
Young

加入日期: 2005-09-20
帖子: 6306
现金: 535 盾

Eddie Jordan 其实蛮有水平的,以前低估他了。Arenas 受伤后奇才的战术执行很不错。

Heaven in Hell
tinysands离线中  
 2008-07-20 22:58  #5
观众

加入日期: 2007-05-10