马刺中文论坛 » 环球刺讯 » Bonner earns start, then loses his aim

主题工具
 2008-12-03 18:12  #1

Riverwalkman的头像

加入日期: 2008-04-27
帖子: 3506
现金: 315 盾
Bonner earns start, then loses his aim

By Mike Monroe - Express-News About an hour before sending his eighth different starting lineup of the young season out for Tuesday’s game against the Detroit Pistons at AT&T Center, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Matt Bonner’s play — mostly his 3-point shooting accuracy — had earned him additional court time.

In fact, it earned Bonner a spot in the starting lineup, with Fabricio Oberto going to the bench.

“Matt has really taken advantage of the minutes he’s gotten in the absence of Robert Horry,” Popovich said before tipoff. “He’s had a fine year and played very, very well, which was really welcome for us, because he was someone we needed for that shooting (power forward). He’s done a wonderful job.”

After missing 4 of 5 3-point attempts Tuesday, Bonner wonders if he has squandered his coach’s confidence.

“I had good looks, and I took them with confidence,” he said. They were just in and out. I wasn’t alone. We needed one of us to get hot, and nobody could.”

Indeed, the Spurs had one of their worst 3-point shooting games of the season, making only 6 of 24 from beyond the arc. Only a 2-for-17 3-point performance (in a home loss to the Nuggets on Nov. 19) was worse.

Bonner was as disappointed as any of his teammates about the Spurs’ meek response to the Pistons’ physical play in the second half, but retained some perspective about his shooting.

“I’d like to say it’s disappointing, but some nights, the shot just doesn’t go in,” he said. I can’t beat myself up because I had an off shooting night. The important thing is to stay with it, and we’ve got another game in two days.

“You have to remember: They can’t go in if you don’t take them.”

Mahinmi recalled: The Spurs brought second-year big man Ian Mahinmi up from their Austin Toros NBA Development League team, but don’t expect to see him in uniform for a while.

“I don’t even think about working Ian into the lineup,” Popovich said. “He’ll be in street clothes. He’s only here to monitor his rehab.”

Mahinmi missed the entire preseason with a badly sprained right ankle, and was sent to Austin for conditioning. He played in two of the Toros’ preseason games and Friday’s regular-season opener, but rolled his left ankle.

Rookie forward Anthony Tolliver was assigned to the Toros.

Oh, my darling: Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace, who holds the NBA record for technical fouls in a season, with 41, earned his fourth technical of this season in the third quarter.

Later, Wallace suggested his technical fired up his teammates, and there seemed to be little question it inspired him. He scored 11 of his 19 points in the final period.

Wallace suggested the referees were feeding the Spurs some “home cooking” with their call of the game.

“I knew how it was going to be,” he said. “I didn’t want our team to fall into that. We know how the game is going to go against the darlings of the league.”

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs_Ginobili_has_home_in_starting_lineup.html

主题工具

发帖规则
不可以发表新主题
不可以回复主题
不可以上传附件
不可以编辑您的帖子

vB 代码开启
[IMG]代码开启
HTML代码开启
论坛跳转

马刺中文网 - 始于2004年 - 网站地图 - Go Spurs Go!